Respected Contributor

@scatcat   Hi .. I'm in the northern burbs of Chicago and had to run into a Butera that I was passing the other day.   I saw it there.  I've never seen it at Jewel or Mariano's but keeping my eyes open for it because even though we always use Hellman's,  we want to give Duke's a try because of all the reviews.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@itsmagic wrote:

I’ve heard of Duke’s but I’ve never seen it in our area either.  I’ve started buying a mayo made with avocado oil. 

@itsmagic @We just tried the avocado Mayo and couldn't get pass the taste, how do you like it?

Putting my 2 cents in.  We tried the avocado mayo and thought it was awful.  Pitched the jar.

Regular Contributor

We love Duke's Mayo!  I think that whoever said it was a southern thing must be right.  A couple of years ago we moved south about 80 miles from central Indiana down to the Louisville, KY area.  We never saw Dukes before we moved, but it's all over down here.  It has a really pleasant, unique flavor and consistency.  I like it much better than Hellmans or Kraft.

Valued Contributor

I had never heard of Duke's mayo until I moved south.  Honestly, I don't see the hype.  To me it tastes like the Cain's mayo we had in the northeast.

Respected Contributor

I'll tell the truth.

NO mayonnaise tastes really good to me.

Duke's was okay but didn't displace Hellman's.

Kraft's is meh.

Heinz is awful. Supermarket brands are better. I pitched the jar of Heinz mayo after one use, and as someone who ate a mayonnaise sandwich for lunch every day through high school, it has to be really lousy for me to toss it.

Hellman's is the best, but the smell still reminds me of white school paste.

I've eyed some of the pricey newer mayos, like Sir Kensington's and Japanese varieties, but don't want to end up jonesing for something I really can't afford. However, I may throw caution to the wind and try Kewpie.

Honored Contributor

Grandmapetes - Thanks for your review.

I have always used Miracle Whip. And never strayed. But recently it is $6.00 a jar now. I think it is time for me to try other brands. 

Honored Contributor

@scatcat  I live in the western suburbs and Dukes is sold at both Jewel and Meijer (on sale now!).  I was always a Hellman girl but I love Dukes and use it all the time now.

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@scatcat   Hi .. I'm in the northern burbs of Chicago and had to run into a Butera that I was passing the other day.   I saw it there.  I've never seen it at Jewel or Mariano's but keeping my eyes open for it because even though we always use Hellman's,  we want to give Duke's a try because of all the reviews.

@nyc1 @momtochloe 

Thanks ladies. I'm going to Jewel today and will look for it. I too am a Hellman's user.

Honored Contributor

I'm a Dukes gal.  NC.

Respected Contributor

Dukes for me!!! You almost have to close the blinds if you are going to use anything else around here.Woman LOL I also like homemade mayonnaise.