Respected Contributor

Dolly Parton & Duncan Hines have added new mixes & frostings following their 2022 successful collaboration launch.

The collab, which is available now, includes four new products.

• Famous Brownie Mixes come in two flavors, Caramel Turtle and Fabulously Fudgy. Each flavor features a different Dolly favorite recipe on the box, like Pecan Brownies and a Peanut Butter Brownie Skillet Sundae.
  • Buttermilk Biscuit Mix features one of Dolly's favorite recipes for Cheddar and Chive Biscuits on the box.
  • Sweet Cornbread & Muffin Mix features a Dolly favorite recipe for Jalapeño Cornbread right on the packaging.

image.png

image.png

Honored Contributor

Re: Dolly Parton Adds New Mixes

I'd just buy it for the box alone. Adorable!

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily  I've signed up to be emailed when this releases. It looks fun !  Love Dolly...

Respected Contributor

She sure gives a literal meaning to Pretty In Pink.  💗🍰

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Valued Contributor

@Desert Lily- I tried the first two "collaborations" of Dolly's with DH (Coconut Cake and Banana Cake) and found the very dry and the banana cake had a weird taste.  I use many Duncan Hines Cake mixes and brownies but these were not up to their standards.

Dolly's mixes were more expensive and I called DH about my issue and they sent me two free coupons.  In fact the rep I spoke with said she had tried them and agreed with me.  I will wait for reviews before buying any of the new ones.  If you try them post what your experience was.

Esteemed Contributor

Dolly Parton is a national treasure ... love everything about her.

In an interview with Delish, Dolly explained that she comes from a big family of great cooks, which is why she wanted to venture into the baking world with this Duncan Hines partnership. "It's always fun to get into the kitchen with people you love," Dolly said. "I love to get into the kitchen by myself if I have something special coming up that I'm making. I like to focus. But there's nothing more fun than having friends and family you're close to [over] and baking up some things."

Cake itself has a special place in Dolly's heart and she recalled how her mother would make her and her siblings—all 11 of them!—a special cake for their birthdays. It's these memories that make her so excited for this Duncan Hines line, especially because you don't have to be an expert baker to appreciate a cake mix. Her advice for amateurs? "Just read the box!"

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw the prices on Amazon.......I would never pay the price for a pkg cake mix from Dolly.....
You can buy Betty Crocker and Duncan Hines $1.58 a box .

Does anyone know it Dromedary still makes gingerbread mix ?

Honored Contributor

Brownies for me!

Trusted Contributor

Check your local stores for them.  I've seen them at my Meijer store for $1.89.  Seen them at Big Lots too.

Respected Contributor

@MezzieStarr that is about the $s I have seen them in those stores.

I purchased the bannana cake mix at Big Lots several months ago for about $1.Thse first one I made we really liked . I just iced it with homemade icing. It had a fake banana taste , like a moon pie , but we liked it. The second one just recently purchased seemed a bit off like someone mentioned. 

@Danky2 I do not know about Dromedary gingerbread . Around Christmas I got a 'hankering' for gingerbread without going the homemade route and finally located one by I believe Betty Crocker that was real good . I made a lemon sauce to top it .