Honored Contributor

Your thoughts on Gotham Steel Cookware

The television ad for this product has me tempted. All that cookware, plus five pieces of "free" bakeware and some accessories for just 4 payments of $49.95. Does anyone have this brand and would you recommend it? I've fallen for TV ads in the past and the products didn't live up to the hype.

Honored Contributor

Re: Your thoughts on Gotham Steel Cookware

@AuntG    Follow your instincts.  Wasn't Gotham Steel the seller of the "Flash in the Pan" (pun intended) Copper Pan that everyone just had to have but they were basically poor quality?

If I needed pans, I'd put my $200 toward some I knew were good quality.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

"If it sounds to good to be true..........."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I would only buy Curtis Stone cookware (on HSN).

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG  I bought the "copper" frying pan from Gotham Steel. It lasted about 6 months. Not good. I would think their products are cheap for a reason. Won't be fooled again.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG 

For $200 you can buy some good pots and pans you will actually use. I don't know about you, but I pretty much make use of the same few pans for every day cooking. I don't want to deal w/ a big load of pots and pans anymore. 

Just my two cents. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG- Check out PrudentReviewsdotcom for Gotham Steel.  Detail review, they test the pans and give the pro and cons.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you everyone, and I'll pull up that site @qbetzforreal.

**After reading the report, I think it's designed for people who don't cook a lot and want average quality cookware. Sounds like the ceramic interior breaks down after a year of usage.***

Esteemed Contributor

A couple of thoughts on ordering products from TV ads: 1) they generally under-perform and are over-priced. 2) once you order from these companies, be prepared for an avalance of phone calls and emails trying to selling you more products.They are relentless! I say this because my husband fell for a couple of things from TV ads and ordered them. What a mistake!

My advice is to order/buy from a reputable company that you're familiar with!