Honored Contributor

Does anyone here make a whole week of lunches at once?

I'm super organized and I love my L&L, but this is the first time I made a whole week of lunches at once.

I started WW this month and it's easier to prep and eat the same thing each day, but I'm hoping they chicken wraps I made will keep through Friday.

Does anyone else do this? Any good ideas?

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone here make a whole week of lunches at once?

I've done it for years, with dinners as well as lunches.  I store individual servings in mini (1 cup) L&L containers and freeze.  It works well for me.  I hope it does for you, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Rachel Ray makes dinners and keeps them a week!

If you have them refrigerated until you use them, I think they would be OK.  I would not want to let the last one sit out from morning until noon and then eat it.  Chilled, they should be fine!  Good luck with your WW.  Fortunately, I have never needed to diet but I feel for those who do.  I am not a sweets lover, that is probably why.

Honored Contributor

When I was doing ww, I prepared breakfast and snacks.  Every Sunday I'd get out my scale and weigh out 7 portions of cereal, pretzels and cottage cheese.  I devoted a shelf to my prep, it made packing lunch really easy.

I would make the lunch item daily or bring a frozen dinner.  I didn't make it ahead of time.  I was always more successful when I did my Sunday prep.

Honored Contributor

I did when losing pregnancy weight.  Have you ever had the WW Hungry Day soup?  Really good!  When the boys were teenagers, they'd eat it by the mixing bowl with sandwiches..I was cutting cabbage with a French chef's knife then they didn't have packaged!  It had no count because the vegies had no sugar!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I did when losing pregnancy weight.  Have you ever had the WW Hungry Day soup?  Really good!  When the boys were teenagers, they'd eat it by the mixing bowl with sandwiches..I was cutting cabbage with a French chef's knife then they didn't have packaged!  It had no count because the vegies had no sugar!

I have had that and it's good, but I made my own version using all the veggies I like best. I have a pitcher of it in the fridge to take with me for those afternoons when I want to stick a fork in anything that stands still too long.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I pack lunches for son and husband 5 days a week, and I often pre arrange many of the things for the upcoming week. 

I bag up chips for individual servings for the week, same for cookies for their dessert. I get out enough granola bars for the week too (I have to hide them or they are gone in a day or two!), and stack enough yogurt in the inside fridge to get through the week. I often start on Saturday and Sunday, making enough for leftovers for lunch the first couple of days of the week, portioned out and in containers ready to go. 

It only takes a minute to throw everything they need in a bag or a lunch box. It seems to make the weekdays go so much easier.

Esteemed Contributor

@nomless wrote:

I've done it for years, with dinners as well as lunches.  I store individual servings in mini (1 cup) L&L containers and freeze.  It works well for me.  I hope it does for you, too.

I've done this for ages, too.

Lunch & dinner as well as a couple of loaves of bread. All goes in the deep freeze.

Start with a deep pantry, then it's much easier.

Honored Contributor

I am tempted so easily especially sweets. So I always cook lunch for the work week. I figure at least the lunch portion is healthy even if sweets are a calling. I always cook salmon, quinoa, brussel sprouts, mushrooms and spinach. It should last 4 days and I buy lunch on Fridays. 

I put everything in a large bowl and scoop the night before into a Sistema. Gotta say, sometimes Thursday portions are skimpy lol.

Honored Contributor

I suppose it depends on what you are making.  I don't do that and I can't see myself ever doing that.  But I have put leftovers in plastic containers and put them in the freezer for either hubby or myself to grab and take for lunch.  I did with the leftover lasagna from Christmas, I have 6 lunch size plastic containers in the freezer now.  I'm not the type of person who could eat the same lunch 5 days in a row.  I started the new WW too and I can totally relate to being prepared and to planning ahead.