Trusted Contributor

Does anyone else use a Coffee Perculator

We just love ours!  When we started working from home last year it seemed crazy to make multiple cups of coffee in our Keurig.  I love the sound of it bubbling away Smiley Happy  For us, it's much more economical, convenient and better tasting coffee!

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone else use a Coffee Perculator

[ Edited ]

@Knit-Chick wrote:

We just love ours!  When we started working from home last year it seemed crazy to make multiple cups of coffee in our Keurig.  I love the sound of it bubbling away Smiley Happy  For us, it's much more economical, convenient and better tasting coffee!

I'm with you on the perculator!  After having and using many different types of coffee makers in the past, I don't think there's a hotter or better tasting cup of coffee that you can get from any other device.  An added benefit is the wonderful aroma of coffee brewing and wafting throughout the kitchen and the house as well.   

Went back to a perculator and never looked back! 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

@ciao_bella yes!  love the aroma, espcially on chilly mornings, which we're still having!

Respected Contributor

I myself use a Keurig, but my neighbor and another friend use percolators as they drink a lot of coffee. I must say it does make a good hot cup of coffee. I only drink 1 or 2 cups a day so the Keurig works better for my needs.

Valued Contributor

I have a Farberware electric 12 cup..It's about 50 yrs! old..Found another one while cleaning out my parent's home...Had to flip a coin with my Sister..They work fine..Keurig is not my thing..I do have a 10 cup drip coffee maker too which doesn't get used often.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, this brings back memories of waiting and listening for the pot to stop "perking".  My parents had one while we were growing up and then I had my own.  Remember the Corning Ware pretty ones?  One had blue flowers and the other had yellow and orange?  I guess when drip versions came out I thought I was making progress LOL.  I only drink a couple cups a day and DH is not a coffee drinker so I just use instant......I know blaspheme for a coffee drinker.......the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup LOL Woman Wink.

I will have to check into percolators again.  The few times I have someone stay over, it would be nice to serve a good cup of coffee.  

Great memory thread!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I use both a percolator and a Keurig.  Percolated gives me my preference taste, but I waste far too much percolated coffee many days even when I use the smallest one, so the Keurig's extra cost isn't all that much for me and it's really great whenI want just one cup.

Respected Contributor

I do.  I am not a fan of Keurig devices, in part because I don't like the idea that hot water is piped through little metal and plastic K-cups in those devices, and I personally don't like the taste of the coffee from Keurig.  The aroma from the drip device I use is wonderful.  

Frequent Contributor

I use a "saladmaster" percolator which is about 50 years old!! ( I have replaced the cord) but otherwise it is still going strong and  makes a great cup of coffee!!  This is from the era where things were made to last!! I have a Le Creuset french press when only needing one cup.

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs OMG!   What a blast from the past. I didn't even know they still made those types of coffee pots!  My mom and dad always had a Corning perculator.  We had the one with the blue flowers on it too.  Of course we had "everything" Corning as my dad worked for the company.  I also still have some of my moms original dishes.  They last forever. 

Great memory thread indeed Smiley Happy