Super Contributor

Re: Does This Seem Like A Lot Of Lemon?

Never seen a measurement for 1/4 cup of lemon zest before! As much as I like lemon, it does sound like a lot of it to me. Post your result if you make it.
Valued Contributor

1/4 of a cup is just four tablespoons so for 9 x 13 cake if that is what it is, isn't too much. 

Honored Contributor

Reading this thread made me crave lemon cake!   

Made my grocery run this morning, and there wasn't a lemon cake mix to be found in my IGA store.   But they had Pepperidge Farm lemon cake in the freezer section, so one dropped right in my cart; am feeding my lemon craving right now!  

Respected Contributor

I have no idea.  I like lemons.  I've eaten them uncooked.  Try reducing the proportions by whatever amount you choose, and see how that goes.

Honored Contributor

I've never had a failure from trying anything on allrecipes.  For me that's saying something. What I do is read about four cookbooks, because I love reading cookbooks, then go to allrecipes.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 - If the recipe calls for olive oil, know that its strong flavor will definitely mask some of the lemon flavor. Perhaps that's why it calls for lemon extract in addition to the lemon juice and zest. I'm interested to find out what you chose to do and how things turned out!  Smiley Happy