Regular Contributor

Re: Does Costco deliver appliances?

No issues when I order a washing machine and dryer a few years ago.  My nearest Costco is 60 miles away.  They use a third party but so does my local Home Depot, Lowes, and Menards.

Respected Contributor

@depglass yes, Costco does deliver appliances if purchased on-line.  I have bought 2 or 3 TVS, washer, and dishwasher.  Came quickly, I believe there was extended warranty at no additional cost, most if not all have free delivery and set up.  I hope i gave those benefits correctly.  You should check their web site which will give you more info.   

Esteemed Contributor

Costco doesn't really sell big appliances, ie, refrigerators, washers, dryers. They have to order from the vendor or manufacturer - which could take a month or more. I buy my big appliances from Lowes - and they usually have the items in stock - and deliver a day or two later. 

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Costco doesn't really sell big appliances, ie, refrigerators, washers, dryers. They have to order from the vendor or manufacturer - which could take a month or more. I buy my big appliances from Lowes - and they usually have the items in stock - and deliver a day or two later. 

@kivah :  I had a totally different experience as I just had my kitchen remodel done.  I chose Costco for their "white glove delivery service" and also for the extended warranty they provide (usually 2 year extension).  I was able to get my appliances delivered within a week.  I have read stories about Home Depot and also Lowe's about honoring warranties....sounds like you have had no problems.  If I wanted Costco to come pick up the appliances if I were not satisfied, they pick them up for free.  Love Costco........

Contributor

Same

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@depglass wrote:

DD wants a frig for Christmas.  We are 450 miles away so I'm wondering does Costco deliver?  She lives in a major city.

Yes, @depglass, they do.  A couple of years ago, we purchased a refrigerator, dishwasher, and range from Costco, ordered it online.  Everything arrived wrapped and well padded.  The delivery guys were very careful and set everything where I wanted it, attached handles and knobs as neede, removed the protective cellophane wrap, collected the trash.  Overall a very good experience. 

Same experience with Costco.  Found process exactly like appliance store.  Saved $400 on my LG refrigerator and they double manufacturerer's warranty. I also added a 3 year extension(total 5 years) for what appliance stores were charging for only 1 year. I don't usually buy warranty extensuins but my previous Maytag refrigerator required srevice every other year $$$$ even had to replace compressor.  I was delighted with the delivery guys. Arrived well within the 2 hr delivery window. They knew what they were doing and completed install with removal of old fridge and packing materials in about 20 minutes.  Would definitely use Costco for future appliance purchases and my LG has worked like a champ for 3 years now with no issues.

Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@kivah :  I had a totally different experience as I just had my kitchen remodel done.  I chose Costco for their "white glove delivery service" and also for the extended warranty they provide (usually 2 year extension).  I was able to get my appliances delivered within a week.  I have read stories about Home Depot and also Lowe's about honoring warranties....sounds like you have had no problems.  If I wanted Costco to come pick up the appliances if I were not satisfied, they pick them up for free.  Love Costco........

Glad Costco worked out well for u - I love their 2-year warranty. I did purchase my LG 43" flatscreen tv from Costco 2 years ago. I buy most everything from Costco - but had better luck with Lowes for my refrigerator - and 2 washing machines.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I bought a washer and dryer from them and they were great.  Gave me a brief tutorial of how to work them, showed up on time and took the old ones away.  That was pre-pandemic.

Contributor

FYI Major appliances are hard to come by if you do not have very specific requirements like brand, size, ice maker, color, etc. My parents wanted certain things in their new fridge and were shopping all over (we all live in NYC) but it was still hard to find everything they wanted so they had to compromise on some aspects of it.