Honored Contributor

Has anyone received the LC 3.5 quart Dutch oven?

I ordered the TSV as a Christmas gift for my son. When I check the order status, all it says is "advance order". I'm starting to wonder if I'm mistaken that it will arrive in time for Christmas.  Has anyone else received it?

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone received the LC 3.5 quart Dutch oven?

@house_cat a they said that all orders were on a November 29th advance order, didn't matter what color that you ordered. Hopefully, status will change this week. 🤞

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered it and then cancelled it because I ordered a Staub 4QT from HSN same day that was @ 149.95 with free shipping and five pays ( Look what they are back up to today...$309.00!!!). I got it home, and it's gorgeous!! ( Cherry).

David said in his LC presentation these 3.5 qt ovens would SHIP on Nov 29 (tomorrow).

I write my orders in a little book to keep track.

Hope this helps.!

Honored Contributor

I didn't order it but I'm sure the advance order date that the said on every presentation was either 11/28 or 12/29.

Respected Contributor

@house_cat 

Did you get your dutch oven? What color and do you like it?

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen 

Yes! It arrived yesterday and thankfully it was in a discreet box, because the son it's intended for just happened to stop by here while I was at work and he carried it in! I didn't even open the QVC box, I just wrapped the whole thing. I hope it's in pristine condition.

Last year I bought him a two quart saucepan in Marseille blue and he loves it, so I ordered the same color.

In my own home I have a couple of green, like green apple color - I forget what it's called. I also have yellow and mint green. I like to mix it up. How about you?

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Glad it came on time...

I too have a nice collection..in diffferent colors! I like to mix it up, and no matter which one I use, I feel happy using it!

I also have some Staub pieces. I keep mine on a bookshelf and among some plants in my kitchen...looks very "french"!!!

You son will flip!

I want a little saucepan too...I was just looking today at the 2.25 qt on Le Creuset and W/S websites.....

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen 

A few years ago, on a whim, I bought the 2 quart Dutch oven. I was concerned that it wouldn't be useful.  As it turns out, it's the most used vessel in my kitchen.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Othereeeen 

A few years ago, on a whim, I bought the 2 quart Dutch oven. I was concerned that it wouldn't be useful.  As it turns out, it's the most used vessel in my kitchen.

I have two of the one quart rounds of LC and I love them.  I kind of mostly bought them because they were cute, and I liked the colors (first one was the cerise and the second one is this pretty grey graduated shade), but they are pretty handy for my use, anyway.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat   My 3.5 quart Deep Teal Le Creuset Dutch Oven came last night and I opened it this morning.  It definitely was packaged well and I took my time opening it this morning.

It is in perfect shape and came with a booklet of instructions as to how to use and care for it as well as a separate booklet with six recipes created for this size Dutch oven and a color photograph accompanying each one.

I am absolutely pleased with this purchase.  A couple of years back I purchased the 10.25 inch Le Creuset open skillet in what I think was called Emerald Green from QVC when David Venable presented it and  I use that all the time.

I wish they would present a 6 & 1/3 inch one.  I would snap that up in a hot New York minute for a smaller serving of fried eggs, etc.  That size is presently out of stock on the official LC website.

I am sure your son will enjoy the one you purchased for his Christmas gift.

Edited to add:  If you let him open it on Christmas Eve maybe he'll cook something with it for you!

aroc3435

Washington, DC