Honored Contributor

Re: Do you keep condiments from take-out meals?

I do keep condiments when we order oriental.  I like the orange colored sauce with spring rolls.

Respected Contributor

My McDonalds if you don't ask you don't get any packets in drive threw, we usually go right home & eat it, I have ketchup but if I get any I do save them. We go to a local pizza place & eat in they give you about 10 napkins(2 of us)always have to take home most pizza (good lunch next day, even reheat for breakfast too) but those napkins are very good quality & I always take them home. I know they have to throw all of it out after the customer leaves and I hate waste. 

Esteemed Contributor

No, I hate all those little packets of condiments and plastic utensils. I don't use them and I don't save them. I have bottles of the condiments I need, and that's what I use! I feel no guilt throwing them out, although I never ask for them when I get a take-out order.

Honored Contributor

No way!  

Honored Contributor

I was always keeping those things, thinking -- sure, sure, those will come in handy.  Nope -- never used a one.  Just more clutter.  Don't keep any of it any more.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

My husband volunteers at our local food pantry and they encourage people to donate them. My coworkers know, and everyone brings them to me.  Whenever I collect a full large Ziploc bag of them, he brings it to the pantry.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

I keep some of the extra napkins in the glove compartment.  I always keep a box of Kleenex in the car but sometimes you need something heavier.

Respected Contributor

No!  My mom did and it drove me nuts!

Esteemed Contributor

I rarely have any condiments left over but if I do, I tend to throw them away.  I do keep any unused plastic utensils and napkins.  I use those at work and then they're thrown away.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I  kind of wonder what the life expectancy is of these packets.

I think I should go through the ones I have in the refrigerator.  They are in a little Lock & Lock container but if they go bad I need to get rid of them.  I've had some for many years.

I wonder if the soy sauce is ok. 

@chickenbutt - if you've had some "for many years", it's obvious you don't use them. So why do you keep them?

As for us, if my husband has any unopened packets of Arby's sauce left, I keep those, but that's it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?