Honored Contributor

@grandma petes@If you like French fries then you have to get an air fryer.I make them all of the time and they are done in twenty minutes to perfection.I cut my own potatoes and then put two caps of olive oil on them and mix to get each one coated as best as possible...pop them in air fryer and shake the basket every five min.They are crispy and delicious every time.We don’t even salt them.I like malt vinegar.

Honored Contributor

Not at this point in life.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you cook 3 full

[ Edited ]

Since we are getting older not eating as much with meals.

I have not ate lunch in a long time. I eat a good breakfast & eat dinner after DH comes home from work. 

DH still eats 3 meals per day.

I ate some ham & cheese crackers last night.

Her 16 yr old step son would go hungry at our house. LOL!!!

We often make stuff to eat multiple times so we are not cooking every night like soups, bbq etc.

I have a sister that will eat leftovers the next day but after that she says it's not any good??? LOL!!!!! What a Numbnut. 

Tell her step son he does not know what he's missing as some foods are better the next day. I would also tell him to eat what we are eating or go buy his own food.

Honored Contributor

Heavens no.....coffee for breakfast - we eat lunch out (we are at work) and depending on what we had for lunch it's either a big meal or light meal for dinner.   Thank goodness dh is not a big eater.....On the weekend we either eat out or I cook a larger meal. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz  Not eating leftovers is his least annoying trait.  His Dad is a sweetheart don't know kid's problem. He and I would be having "chat".

Respected Contributor

my stepson from my first marriage, was one of those "no leftovers"  bwhahahaha!!   i suggested that he saddle up, and take a ride to the store, and be prepared to cook what he bought for himself.  food is too expensive to be throwing away.  i always joke at the table, you can expect to be seeing any leftovers some time tomorrow in another form. 

i am excellent at repurposing leftovers. it's a art. 

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I are retired, so I do not cook 3 meals a day! I didn't even do that when I was still working! We each take care of our own breakfast and usually lunch too, unless we go out. I cook a meal every 2 or 3 days (more like 3). And those meals are by no way considered big - maybe a pot of chili or homemade stew, meatloaf, eggs and pancakes, or a couple of baked chicken breasts. I don't have the appetite like I used to, so a big meal isn't important to me. DH is very good about making whatever he's hungry for if I'm not cooking anything.

Honored Contributor

I have never cooked 3 full meals a day because there would be no one around to eat it. I usually cooked supper and still do, but since my husband and I are retired we don't mind eating soup or stew for supper. My husband eats a banana in the morning, I usually have a smoothie early in the afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Never ate 3 meals so never prepared 3. For years I've eaten one small and one regular. Additional snack would be fruit or vegetable or not at all. That's it. I'm petite and can't handle all the calories.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I always ask for suggestions or requests when I'm making up my grocery list.  Usually I get "I don't know". I try to consider 2 meals I can prep at the same time. Made chicken and biscuits so I cooked extra chicken for chicken salad. If I'm chopping celery andonion for meatloaf Illchop extra and make tuna salad.