Respected Contributor

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I tried eating them over and over. I searched for recipes to make them palatable. They are awful.

Esteemed Contributor

When my sister was 6 or 7 she and my maternal grandfather would eat them.  She wouldn't touch them now with a 10' fork.

Me, I'd starve first.

Respected Contributor

I do like them. I eat them on sandwiches with mayonnaise.

Honored Contributor

I haven't had them in a long time.  My mother used to make sardine salad for us (like tuna salad).  She used to eat them whole on a piece of toast with the little tails hanging over the side.  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I love them.  Husband avoids them!  

I look for the ones caught and canned in Scotland or Spain or Portugal.  They are so good!  I love them just in olive oil maybe with some hot sauce on them too or some mustard if I'm in the mood for spicy. 

Anyone else out there love them?  Do others in your house eat them too?  

I'll have to look for Scottish sardines. Like sardines, and especially that they're a great source of calcium and Vit D. I've discovered that sardines in sriracha are wonderful. If you can tolerate the heat, try them. The hot sauce takes all the fishiness away.

I tried water-packed sardines once. Never again. I gladly eat other fish that's water-packed, like tuna, but the sardines tasted terrible.

Also love canned kippered herring, kippered herring in the jar (sour cream or matjes), anchovies, etc. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Like Sardines?

[ Edited ]

Yes, I eat Japanese canned sardines that I buy from a local Asian market.  The can is the same size as any other regular can of sardines, except when you open it the shock comes when you see the size of the sardines! Usually there are only two or three in a can. They are HUGE!.

images.jpg

Honored Contributor

No. Not a big fan of fish.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I make a monthly visit to a Japanese market.  I am going to look for those.  

Respected Contributor

No. I bought a can once, and when I opened it I just couldn’t take a bite. Threw them out.