Contributor

Any one own the all clad that is on today?  What is the D3?

Esteemed Contributor

@mm1206 wrote:

Any one own the all clad that is on today?  What is the D3?

@mm1206  I own the 8" and the 10" saute pans in D3. D3 isn't the top of the line All Clad, but it works beautifully and takes high heat and cleans up like new. Right now, All Clad has the 12" on sale for $130 with a lid! on the All Clad website. I've dropped many hints about birthday/Mothers Day.

Regular Contributor

Re: All clad D3

[ Edited ]

I have owned D3 for more than 20 years & hate it. An investment purchase that I can't replace. 

Buy the more expensive D5 or better. D3 takes forever to heat up, hard to clean, even water lines from steaming need a scrubber to get the awful line off of. Not simple soap & H20. Forget about Bartender's Helper! It does nothing to make scrubbing these pans easier.

Honored Contributor

@bluehost wrote:

I have owned D3 for more than 20 years & hate it. An investment purchase that I don't feel I can't replace.

Buy the more expensive D5 or better. D3 takes forever to heat up, hard to clean, even water lines from steaming need a scrubber to get the awful line off of. Not simple soap & H20. Forget about Bartender's Helper! It does nothing to make scrubbing these pans easier.

@bluehost 

I had asked about the D3 line quite some time ago. The replies were not so good so I never bought any of it.

Regular Contributor

Nightowlz, so many rave over All-Clad, sadly, it isn't all that great. I hate, hate, hate scrubbing pans. But I like them to look clean & new. All-Clad requires so much elbow grease -  scrubbing & then you need to heat up the pan for 3-5 minutes before you can start cooking. A real pain!!!! Perhaps not if you have a professional stove: Viking, Wolf, etc., and domestic help for cleaning up. If only..........

Respected Contributor

@bluehost wrote:

Nightowlz, so many rave over All-Clad, sadly, it isn't all that great. I hate, hate, hate scrubbing pans. But I like them to look clean & new. All-Clad requires so much elbow grease -  scrubbing & then you need to heat up the pan for 3-5 minutes before you can start cooking. A real pain!!!! Perhaps not if you have a professional stove: Viking, Wolf, etc., and domestic help for cleaning up. If only..........

Wow, I'm surprised yours is hard to clean. What I love about it is how easy it is to clean. I never have to scrub it.  I deglaze, wipe with a soapy dish rag, and I'm done. Every few weeks, I use some Barkeeper's Friend to keep it nice and shiny. I've had it for years, looks brand new.

Esteemed Contributor

I own D3. It's all stainless and fantastic quality.  Great for an everyday home cook like myself.

All Clad has an annual summer sale in June. Factory seconds which I own. Can't find a flaw if I tried. If you want the discounts without the trip, wait for their website sales at HomeandCooksales.

Don't be put off by the disclaimers. The website hosts sales about every 90 days. I'm always stalking the sale!

Respected Contributor
I had debated between Calphalon and All-Clad D-3. went with AC because made in USA. Only have a month‘s experience but am pleased. Did find butter browned too quickly and used Barkeepers Friend. All good. Handle a bit large. Heating up no issue.
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure what you would do to make it hard to clean, but we have an All-Clad wok that cleans up great!  I have not noticed problems with D3, and we have D5 and Copper All-Clad too.  

Be sure you read their information about how to use SS.  That is the biggest thing!