Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Like Chicken Salad? What Do

I would have added craisins to my sandwich but am out of them.

Respected Contributor

Shredded chicken breast, mayo, salt, pepper, chopped onion & celery. 

Regular Contributor

Chicken, green grapes halved, pecans chopped, mayo, sour cream, honey and poppy seads.  Mix and refrigerate 3 hours before serving.  We use croissants.  

Super Contributor

Yum! All of these recipes are making me hungry! I love chicken salad. When I make it, I just throw in craisins, whatever nuts I have on hand, a bit of mayo, and a lemon-thyme spice mix from Aldi's that is pretty good on anything.

Honored Contributor

This made me think!  We don't have a recipe or standard.  We use the following in any combination in a salad whether it's chicken, salmon or tuna, greens, or grain based:

Onion, celery, tomato, mayo, yogurt, olive oil, citrus, apple chunks, grapes, berries (fresh or dried), raisins, nuts, curry or not, pickles, bell peppers (almost always red), cucumbers, leek, mango, avocado, artichokes.

We just chop up and throw in whatever we happen to have and seems good that day, with any kind of herb we have around, or maybe garlic or ginger or hot pepper flakes.    Sometimes it is a mayo based, dressing, sometimes just oil and vinegar or oil and citrus juice. 

Respected Contributor

My nut of choice for chicken salad is always almonds...I toast them lightly on the stove before adding them into the mix. And I usually don't put grapes into the salad...I serve the grapes whole along side. 

Honored Contributor

I usually use Costco rotiserrie chicken.  I add diced celery, sliced green onions, chopped fresh tarragon, Best Food's mayo, and some Dijon mustard.  I often add a  bit of curry depending on my mood.  

If I am serving it as a salad I do like to add fresh red grapes cut in half to it.  Fresh pitted cherries are also delicious.  Sprinkle it with toasted almonds.    

Respected Contributor

I add chopped onion, celery, bell pepper, boiled egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Vidalia onion dressing, sweet relish, Old Bay seasoning and last but not least salt and pepper. Oh, one more thing...a dash of paprika and parsley flakes to garnish the salad.

Trusted Contributor

Wish Chic-Fil-A would bring back their chicken salad sandwiches.

I tried the copy cat recipe, but it wasn't the same. Maybe it needs

the side of waffles fries to go with.  Smiley Happy

I don't have a certain recipe for my chicken salad.  I just add in

stuff and taste test.

Honored Contributor

4 chopped chicken breasts

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped celery

salt & pepper

Dressing:

1 cup mayo

1/2 cup  sugar

1/4 cup vinegar

1 tsp. prepared mustard

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

I add dried cranberries just before serving.