Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dishware that makes me smile! Pioneer Woman and whimsy.

I love the Pioneer Woman's Paige design—I have a gorgeous serving set in this classic and elegant pattern that fits virtually every occasion.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@1Professor 

I love those glasses.  Very unique looking & beautiful.   Those glasses reminded me that I need to "upgrade" my "standard" glasses.  Going to Walmart tonight to see if I can find them.  There are 3 Walmarts in my neck of the woods.  I should be able to find the color I want--red.

When I moved 5 yrs ago, I gave away all of my heavy stoneware dishes & silverware to the Salvation Army.  I only kept my gold plated silverware which I now use every day.

I discovered Pfaltzgraff stoneware dinnerwares.  I have the 16 piece Aria collection.  They are not as heavy as my previous stoneware dinnerware.

Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at Sat, Apr 6, 2019-12.34.38 PM.pngWhat I love about the plates is that they curve so food won't slid off.....

Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at Sat, Apr 6, 2019-12.45.53 PM.png

I did not care for their silverware so I ended up getting my silverware from BBB -Oneida Everdine.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac : Fabulous shapes! Very zen. You purged well!!

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

These dishes are so darn pretty!  I donated a couple sets of dishes a while ago, getting ready for our eventual downsizing.  I do have some Spode blue and white dishes (each a different blue and white pattern) that I have collected through the years.  A few pieces of this set would jazz things up....I am trying not to cave!  And those goblets are so pretty, too!

@PamfromCT : I envy you the Spode blue and white. I always wanted Blue Willow, but it never happened!

Blue Spode (for blue lovers to enjoy):

91JkjLhsonL._SX425_.jpg

spode-blue-room-10-5-georgian-scenes-plates-set-of-6-99.jpg

Lush. Tiny stories buried in the images!

Blue Willow, my lost love:

blue-willow-dinnerware-sets-blue-willow-dinnerware-sets-blue-willow-plates-vintage-nib-mint-complete-4-serving-set-pieces-flow-burleigh-blue-willow-dinner-set-blue-willow-china-sets.jpg

P0000037565S0002T2.jpg

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor, Don’t envy me too much for my Spode.  Collected over time, one by one, from TJMax!

Vermont Country Store sells Blue Willow.  Four dinner plates for $44.  Other pieces offered, so one could collect a bit at a time.  I do have a couple very old blue and white plates, collected over time, as I am a bargain shopper.  

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@1Professor, Don’t envy me too much for my Spode.  Collected over time, one by one, from TJMax!

Vermont Country Store sells Blue Willow.  Four dinner plates for $44.  Other pieces offered, so one could collect a bit at a time.  I do have a couple very old blue and white plates, collected over time, as I am a bargain shopper.  

@PamfromCT : Oh, lovely tip! I used to get the Vermont Country Store catelogues YEARS ago. *off to check it out!*

Respected Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

They're pretty, but aren't they made in China?  I would feel safer eating off the American made Fiestaware.

Fiestaware is made about 15 miles from me, my next door neighbor works there. My DIL had them and they were so heavy, they pulled her kitchen cabinets away from the wall. Too heavy, I wouldn't want them, I have corelle wear and I love it. My sister has Fiesta wear from the 40s, worth lots of money now.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor : love the pics. The blue & white placemat in the first photo absolutely makes the placesetting.

Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@tipsy wrote:

They're pretty, but aren't they made in China?  I would feel safer eating off the American made Fiestaware.

Fiestaware is made about 15 miles from me, my next door neighbor works there. My DIL had them and they were so heavy, they pulled her kitchen cabinets away from the wall. Too heavy, I wouldn't want them, I have corelle wear and I love it. My sister has Fiesta wear from the 40s, worth lots of money now.

ware

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor, If you order over $65 before 4/25,free shipping, code 462315.