Trusted Contributor
On 2/5/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

Well, she is probably under a time constraint, and she is demonstrating cook ware, not kitchen hygiene practices.

I'd cut her a break on this one.

Agreed. Additionally, many of these sets are temporary, set up for these shows in particular, and will be broken down and changed into other sets. In most cases, the sinks are on the set are for decoration only and do not have working plumbing.

Super Contributor

Uhmm, meat processing was much worse years ago. Ever read The Jungle? Standards and inspection are much better today than they were "back in the day" we just have a lot more access to information nowadays.

Valued Contributor

I wondered, also, if she was going to go on to handling dishes and contaminating the whole kitchen, but I think she did a quick hand wipe (maybe microbial towels) while Carolyn went on to show colors. I hope she did. It is not just what they might not eat on the set, but everything else she touches is contaminated. I am a fussy about hand washing in the kitchen.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/5/2014 nomar said:

I wondered, also, if she was going to go on to handling dishes and contaminating the whole kitchen, but I think she did a quick hand wipe (maybe microbial towels) while Carolyn went on to show colors. I hope she did. It is not just what they might not eat on the set, but everything else she touches is contaminated. I am a fussy about hand washing in the kitchen.

I just watched the video ...and, no, she went right from cutting the chicken....to touching other products...there is a good close up of her hand...sorry I still think it is gross to not wipe your hands before you touch anything else...food or not....

Honored Contributor
On 2/5/2014 circles said:

Days...she was demonstrating her knife set and how sharp they are....just a few minutes ago...

KathyFan....my mom was a fanatic about washing her hands when touching raw meat...way back then...(I am 71)....and I am equally fanatical about keeping my hands clean...No, I am not OCD...haha....just hate the thought of having any kind of meat stuff on them and then go onto something else....

Thanks. I didn't see that part of the show. Daysdee