Honored Contributor

@misstbikini I purchased his last cookbook.  I don't know why I did.  I did not make any recipe in there, and it's not really my style of cooking.  Other people love his books.

Super Contributor

I still prefer traditional cookbooks as opposed to getting recipes online.  I don't have a printer at the moment, so I can't print out recipes from websites, and I don't like having my iPad in the kitchen where it keeps timing out when I'm trying to read a recipe.

I will probably get David's book at some point, as I am partial to host and celebrity cookbooks.  Hope everyone enjoys theirs!

Esteemed Contributor

There's already a 2-star "review" posted for David's book.  (Of course nothing to do with the book itself.)

Trusted Contributor
@Johnnyeager yes, they were supposed to send a link to the special fb page 24 hours after the order goes in. I didn’t get mine either.
Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

There's already a 2-star "review" posted for David's book.  (Of course nothing to do with the book itself.)

How can someone leave a review like that then?  That's ridiculous!

Trusted Contributor

This is not a "new" concept and he is not the first person to do this.  I will pass on this over-hyped book.

Respected Contributor

I wish cookbook reviewers would at least try a recipe out then comment on that.  Then it is an actual review about are the recipes any good, is the book useful.

I would love to have his chocolate chip cookie recipe, they looked mighty good when Mary pulled one apart to show how tempting it was.  Not that I can have one while I'm losing some weight but later . . .

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Geez Louize!  I hate how they punch through reviews where the person doesn't even have the item.   They go to the trouble of reviewing the reviews before posting them - or that's the theory.  It seems like they don't because there are always scores of "reviews" written by people who don't have the mdse.

I like David V just fine, but I haven't purchased any of his books.  It's not for any particular reason outside of the fact that I just don't buy cookbooks anymore. 

For some reason I have an old Bob B cookbook and I have no idea why as I really didn't much care for him when he was a host.  One thing that bothered me (aside from the skeeviness of his presence) was that he called himself a chef and he was not, nor was he ever, a chef.