Honored Contributor
On 11/12/2014 nana59 said: Has anyone heard him speak of his Dad?

NOPE!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor
On 11/13/2014 Mz iMac said:
On 11/12/2014 nana59 said: Has anyone heard him speak of his Dad?

NOPE!

David wasn't close to his Dad at all. His parents must have divorced when he was a child.

If I remember right, his Dad died a few years back.. I think he did go to his funeral though. I am not really sure of the "rest of the story"..

Honored Contributor

Not every adult needs to make a big deal out of every birthday

Trusted Contributor

I find it funny that they all have seem to have birthdays around the same time of year. Happy 50th to David! Maybe he didn't want a big deal made because he's sensitive about turning 50 - some people feel that way once they get a few years behind them.

Honored Contributor

The haters always try to bring him down, but, if it makes him happy to show his enthusiasm for food, then, who am I to tell him it's wrong. I don't go along with the shallow Kardashians on 'E' channel and all the new breed of 'stars', so, I say they wouldn't be welcome in my home, so, not letting them in on my TV either and find something more to my liking. LOL

Contributor
All of you people are living in David la-la land. There is not a single host on QVC who promoted his birthday more than David. He started months ago reminding us of his milestone birthday coming in Nov. Yesterday's show was nothing but three hours of David doing what he does best----promoting and celebrating himself. I predicted before the show that his mom would call in and he knew it too. Probably asked her to call during his show. The best part was when Dan Wheeler snuck in at the end for a bite of turkey. He mentioned that he had his 60 th birthday a few days ago and David was shocked because he didn't know it. Well, that's because some people don't make such a huge production about everything like David does. And as for Ina Garten, he made a fool of himself the way he drooled all over her. She looked embarrassed to be there. People, David Venable is only interested in one thing---promoting himself, fooling people with his "cooking" skills, and raking in your money.
Valued Contributor

It's strange to me that the ones that seem to hate David know every single detail of his shows. I know if I disliked a show so much, I wouldn't be watching.

Honored Contributor

Sure, David is there to sell stuff that's not the issue. I like the man because he has a good personality, knows his products (try going into Walmart and say 'do you know anything about this pressure cooker" they would say "look lady I only work here move it along". LOL He sells and he does it well. I would expect the same from any workman coming to my home to repair my a/c, heater or plumbing man. I don't care what he does in his private life or if he wants to dance the macarana as long as he shows me the virtues of a product that I would like to purchase and pay over a 100 bucks for so I know ahead of time if I need it or not. He's not on his cellphone or popping gum in my face and talking smack like in the dept. stores.

I'm not watching the Q for entertainment and bringing down the hosts I'm there for the deals, easy pay (LOL), and don't want to get dressed up, fight the traffic, the screaming babies,rude people, long lines, etc. If David can save me from this, then, GO DAVID.

Have a nice day......

Honored Contributor

My b'day is next month I want gold and chocolates !

New Contributor

Catlover53 is exactly right. I bought my first QVC product in 1995 from David Venable. I have been a big fan of his ever since day 1. But catlover53 is exactly right.