Trusted Contributor

OH MY GOODNESS.......Hog heaven for sure.......

I had to go to just south of Atlanta yesterday for a mental health meeting, and have heard about this place that makes their own sausage and cuts their own meats, and multiple other products.......WELL......I stopped in, and found multiple kinds of BULK sausage, that I can not get where I live, except for Jimmy Dean, and just went HOG wild, with hot sausage, a jalapeno cheese sausage, smoked pork chops......regular cut, and then 2 inch thick cut, and a lot of Amish products, from Ohio, and bought Amish butter, that I am anxious to try.....{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I bought the 10 oz butter, just to try, but they offer the butter up to 5 lbs, in a round loaf typed, that I have never seen where I live...with the only ingredient is milk, and salt.....I will let you know when I try it.........I got 2 wonderful marbled boneless chuck roast, and Polish sausage......made on site.......and some cherry jam, and jalapeno mustard.......They do ship, if I like them, but they are not such a drive, that I could not return there own my own......Oh, and some Habareno dill pickles......Can't waite to try.........{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

Re: OH MY GOODNESS.......Hog heaven for sure.......

Isn't all butter just cream, salted or unsalted? I've never figured out how one can be better than another. They all taste the same to me.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

What was this place? It sounds phenomenal!

Trusted Contributor

On 11/14/2014 kachina624 said: Isn't all butter just cream, salted or unsalted? I've never figured out how one can be better than another. They all taste the same to me.

Yes......but different churn times, and the kind of cows and how the cows are raised, and what they are raised on makes for a very BIG difference.......{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I normally buy only Cabot Butter, from Vermont, but have been buying some SAMS brands for just baking.......Cool

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Trusted Contributor

On 11/14/2014 GoodStuff said:

What was this place? It sounds phenomenal!

This is where I went..........I can't say it is good, as I have not tasted any of the products.....as of right now.........{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

https://www.carrollssausageandmeats.com/

Trusted Contributor

I'm north of Atlanta. I'll have to check this out!

Trusted Contributor

On 11/14/2014 GoodStuff said:

I'm north of Atlanta. I'll have to check this out!

The store is on I 75, way south in Ashburn GA at the "Big Peanut"...........Cool

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/14/2014 forrestwolf said:
On 11/14/2014 kachina624 said: Isn't all butter just cream, salted or unsalted? I've never figured out how one can be better than another. They all taste the same to me.

Yes......but different churn times, and the kind of cows and how the cows are raised, and what they are raised on makes for a very BIG difference.......{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I normally buy only Cabot Butter, from Vermont, but have been buying some SAMS brands for just baking.......Cool

You'll have to post the brand!

I can get Amish style roll butter from Minerva dairy here. It's about $8 for 2lb roll. Seasoned with sea salt it is really good. Not genuine Amish but Amish style.

I wish I could get it unsalted but no such luck, here!

Trusted Contributor

This is the brand that they had, and can not speak for it, as only bought it yesterday.......Smile

http://www.troyercheese.com/

Esteemed Contributor

Just looking at your stash, I'm right there in heaven with you!!!!!!

Please let us know how you like everything and how you cook them up!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.