Contributor

I think he looks wonderful and I admire him for working on his health.  It would be nice if they had a Show on what he is doing, what he is using to help him like certain kitchen small appliances etc. and  some healthy recipes.  I know they can't advocate or advertise what he is doing but if it is healthy for him, it would be healthy for other people.  If he is walking, maybe advertise the Pedometer he is using, or the kitchen items he is using to help him, what food items that QVC has on air, is he using.  It could be titled "Healthy in the Kitchen".

Also, I live in a small condo.  I had a health issue and my husband and I had to downsize from a 1700 sq ft rambler with a garage to an 800 sq foot 1 bedroom condo and I would love a Show on equiping a small kitchen with the necessary items for cooking.  The show could be "Downsizing with Essential cooking items".

Thanks for reading this.

Honored Contributor

I am slowly downsizing since DH retired five years ago. He has a totally unadventurous palate and would be happy with a can of beans mixed with ground beef every night.  Well, I could switch it up with macaroni and cheese with ground beef.   He used to be out of town all week giving me time to try new recipes and techniques. It's just not worth the effort anymore, so I'm slowly selling off pressure cooker and food processor, etc. in a local consignment auction.   

Honored Contributor

If you're serious about becoming more fit *diet* can not be in your vocabulary. It's a way of life forever more. I recently lost 70 lbs and have kept it off, so far, for a year. Keeping the weight off was always an issue for me. But by walking and eating low carb has been the key for me. It was actually easier than I ever anticipated. Turn the tv off and put on your tennis shoes to walk, walk, walk!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

If you're serious about becoming more fit *diet* can not be in your vocabulary. It's a way of life forever more. I recently lost 70 lbs and have kept it off, so far, for a year. Keeping the weight off was always an issue for me. But by walking and eating low carb has been the key for me. It was actually easier than I ever anticipated. Turn the tv off and put on your tennis shoes to walk, walk, walk!

100%!  It's a lifestyle change.  Get healthy and lose the weight, not the other way around. I've learned look at food as fuel, not reward or to ease boredom.  

Honored Contributor

Good food doesn't have to be boring, to be things you don't like, deprivation or punishment.

Put a little effort into research, trying new things, and enjoying life and a good healthy diet.  Almost anyone can find healthy good food that will suit their taste and lifestyle. 

Food is one of life's pleasures!  

Valued Contributor

Bless his heart and good on him!

Valued Contributor

Just to set the record straight: if David had weight loss surgery, he would have been out for a while because it's a pretty intense procedure and it takes a while to recover. Since he wasn't absent, it's obvious he did this on his own (with his doctor's supervision, of course).

Regular Contributor

David is really doing great on his diet!! I was worried about him eating all this food on his shows. I was hoping they would have moved him to sell non-edible things.

I think he is trying to look like he did when he was younger and cared about his weight. He is all Carolina BLue and we want him to represent NC well!!

ea168a5fe21488b0e4d62b13392e01ed.jpeg

He use to be a hunk y'all!!! Makes me want to leave my husband. Smiley Very Happy

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Respected Contributor

WOW is right!!

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  Could you tell me more about the "good electrolyte drink"? Is there one you recommend? And why do you need this? TIA!!!

"Coming to ya from Florida"