Honored Contributor

Does anyone know more about David's diet?  I know it's low carb, low sugar, but perhaps he has put more info on his coffee talk group?  I do not do facebook groups.  I was thinking just last winter that he was risking his health with the weight he was carrying.  And, wow, within a matter of months he has pared down.  I'd love to do the same thing.

Honored Contributor

David is looking great!

Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download

Honored Contributor

@depglass   In the last Coffee Talk I listened to, David said he has already lost 60 pounds.  It may actually be more now since I haven't listened in about 3 weeks.

I have heard him mention the same things you have, and he has repeated them -- low carbs & low sugar.  He has really substituted most of his ingredients and foods, not just kept those low.  For example, his love of pizza has become his new love of chicken crust pizza only (using pounded chicken breast as the pizza crust).  He uses all sugar substitutes like Monk Fruit and Stevia.  He also said he has stopped eating late at night after his shows; he brings dinner and snacks to QVC now.

He's also walking a lot more and even riding his bike outside.

Respected Contributor

I applaud David. He's doing a great job. It has to be terribly hard for someone who is such a foodie to be so disciplined. It shows that anyone can succeed, if dedicated enough. I hope these changes lead to a comfortable, long life, in good health. 

Honored Contributor

60 pounds is impressive. He should write a diet cookbook.

Esteemed Contributor

Something or somebody got his attention.  5 yrs ago he said his doctor

gave him a hit at reality........lost some weight......then it was back to

eating his way through the kitchen show.  

He was on thin ice I think.....very serious about his weight now.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt  I have suspected David had some serious health motivators. Sometime's it takes a major wake-up-call, to make the changes we need. Been there, myself.

When my A1C was borderline diabetes, I went on a mission, too. No way did I want that to happen. Careful dietary management has it at normal now and holding the last two years.

I'm happy to sacrifice my love of carbs for better health and easier weight management. Numbers are all where they should be, but it ain't always easy. 

Respected Contributor

He has mentioned he's also going to the gym.....

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

60 pounds is impressive. He should write a diet cookbook.

Same thing my husband said.

Esteemed Contributor

David may or may not have had weight loss surgery. 

How he has dropped a noticable amount of weight is his business. While it may look like he dropped it overnight, I suspect it has been months or even a year in the making.

Regardless of what he has done to drop the extra weight, I applaud his efforts.