Respected Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

This show today with Mary and her constant corny Comedy Central schtick is getting tiresome.....the incessant giggling and laughing with vendors and espeially the new CE rep was the channel turner! I do not undestand what is so funny creating the constant giggling in presentations.....

I find Mary very fake.  She acts like every product she presents is the best thing ever invented.  Might be her sales tactic, but she acts silly.  JMO, and if you like her, enjoy the show.

They need a seasoned cook in the Kitchen. If David must be away use Mary Beth who actually cooks.  Tired of the "heat and eat" mentality.  

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Jinlei wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

This show today with Mary and her constant corny Comedy Central schtick is getting tiresome.....the incessant giggling and laughing with vendors and espeially the new CE rep was the channel turner! I do not undestand what is so funny creating the constant giggling in presentations.....

I find Mary very fake.  She acts like every product she presents is the best thing ever invented.  Might be her sales tactic, but she acts silly.  JMO, and if you like her, enjoy the show.

They need a seasoned cook in the Kitchen. If David must be away use Mary Beth who actually cooks.  Tired of the "heat and eat" mentality.  

I'm mostly a heat and eat person, and I bet a lot of the QVC customers are too.  I, personally, hate all the comfy wear your pj's to work clothes, but if that's what's selling I can look elsewhere.  

Esteemed Contributor

Laughing hysterically at the notion of Mary Beth actually "cooking".

Viewers are so gullible. 

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager  None of them cook as there's just not enough time during the segment.

David did a video maybe 2 weeks ago showing the pre ITKWD process.  He & the crew arrive 3 hours prior to the show's start time & go over all the products, process for the show, prep items, etc.  Since the crew has prepped the items ahead of time he can just put it all together in front of the camera while talking with the vendor & he can do what he's so good at, sell the item.  The video is really well done & quite informative.

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Laughing hysterically at the notion of Mary Beth actually "cooking".

Viewers are so gullible. 

@Johnnyeager   Mary Beth is an accomplished home cook. In fact I own her cookbook she published. She excels in savory dishes such as stews and caseroles.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Jinlei wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Reever What cooking shows on tv do you like? I like the ones on the Create channel best.  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner   I enjoy Lidia Bastianich most of all. But I also dabble with "New Scandanvian Cooking" on PBS and "Valerie's Home Cooking" on the Food Channel. I like Jacques Pepin but have a hard time understanding him due to his thick accent.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Sooner   I enjoy Lidia Bastianich most of all. But I also dabble with "New Scandanvian Cooking" on PBS and "Valerie's Home Cooking" on the Food Channel. I like Jacques Pepin but have a hard time understanding him due to his thick accent.

@Reever I like Lidia too!  I like to listen to the little short videos Jacques has on Facebook!  I love those and learn a lot too!! You might understand him better on those.  They are all simple quick dishes like you would really cook.  

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Jinlei wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Reever I see no need for a seasond cook on the kitchen shows. The majority of the food they sell is "heat & eat" anyway. Don't need a seasoned cook for that.