Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

for Christmas!  I can't wait to try it.

Ah my friend @Mary Bailey , your talented son has excellent taste in gifts!  You will love it and once you get used to it/get over the learning curve you will use it all the time.  Enjoy my friend and Merry Christmas!

@momtochloeMerry Christmas my friend!  

DS#1 got this for me. He & his GF use it all the time.

DS#2  the Chef always gives me wine that he tasted at his resturant.

@Mary Bailey  oh God bless my friend, enjoy the day and your lovely family!  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Mary Bailey  oh God bless my friend, enjoy the day and your lovely family!  Heart

@momtochloe  the same to You and Yours 

Frequent Contributor

My daughter gave me an Instant Pot too. Actually, she brought 2 for me to pick from. One is the Instant Pot  Duo Plus and the other is the Instant Pot Ultra 60 programable Pressure Cooker. Does anyone have experience with these and have a preference?

Trusted Contributor

Re: DS gave me Instant Pot

[ Edited ]

Meredith Laurence, the Blue JeanChef sent out a letter just for people who go their first Instant Pots for Christmas. I copied some of it, but if you go to her website, you will find recipes and tips:

If you received an Instant Pot® for Christmas (or finally broke down and bought one for yourself) you might be wondering what you should do with it now. Come to bluejeanchef.com! I have a whole section of my website cooking school devoted to Pressure Cooking. In that section, you'll find:

Esteemed Contributor

@ceh wrote:

My daughter gave me an Instant Pot too. Actually, she brought 2 for me to pick from. One is the Instant Pot  Duo Plus and the other is the Instant Pot Ultra 60 programable Pressure Cooker. Does anyone have experience with these and have a preference?

Mine is the Duo.  I haven't used it yet

Super Contributor

I heartily agree, mtc. Jeffrey Eisner is an incredibly enthusiastic and knowledgeable Instant Pot user.  He also has dozens and dozens of wonderful YoutTube videos. Check Pressure Luck Cooking.

I learned about his Food Network debut after the fact :-(. How did he do?

Frequent Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

To the ones who own an Instant but have no plans to use it, why keep it? 

What encouraged me to try it was the fact that it does have 11 safety features. Read through the manual, follow the instruction for the water test. It may help your fears like it did mine.

Also I find a huge difference in slow cooker and pressure cooking in that not only is it about the time factor but the taste of the food and how slow cooking leaches taste out of the foodover time but pressure cooking infuses taste into the food, my food simply has more flavor within the the food.  That's my opinion, your mileage may vary. 

It's easy enough to use, but...and this is just me, I'm sure...I must be able to see my food cook.  I do the cranberry meatballs, too.  In the slow cooker, as always.  I can leave it and walk away, but glance at the food whenever I need to.

my IP made a good turkey breast, excellent stock, decent cheesecake.  But I seldom use it.

Esteemed Contributor

I made bean ham soup and beef stew in my Instant Pot so far.

I spent the day watching YouTube Instant Pot videos.

Mostly the  "Don't" videos & how to clean

Valued Contributor

The instant pot makes the best mashed potatoes and also boiled eggs.  The shell practically falls off of the egg. 

Respected Contributor

I used my Instant Pot last night.  Had two really large, still partially frozen chicken breasts I wanted to shred for a casserole.  Put them on the little rack in the pot with a cup of chicken broth....set for 50 minutes, since they were still a bit frozen.  It takes 5-6 minutes to reach the pressure you set.  

They were perfect, and easily shredded for my casserole.  And I used most of the broth in the casserole, as well.  Turned out so good!  I love my Instant Pot!