at walmart , little 3 qt for 50. Be great for one person or for small jobs like

potatoes, sweet potatoes.

mini-me, if you will LOL

Honored Contributor

I love my 3qt...she’s so cute!

Honored Contributor

QVC should bring on in colors

Respected Contributor

My Instant Pot is the 3 qt., and I love it....use it 1-2 times a week.  I live alone, but it makes good size quantities...so always leftovers.  I did goulash a few days ago....it handled a 16 oz. box of macaroni just fine.  I’ve cooked a dozen eggs in a metal basket with no problem.

When I buy a beef roast I cut it into thirds....one piece is just the right size for the 3 qt. with some carrots and a couple small potatoes.

Enjoy using yours!

Esteemed Contributor

Is this similar to a CrockPot?  They had something on HSN where you got 2 of these pot like things for rice, pasta, etc.  They were little.  Anyone try these?

Can you tell that I am no Martha Stewart? 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Is this similar to a CrockPot?  They had something on HSN where you got 2 of these pot like things for rice, pasta, etc.  They were little.  Anyone try these?

Can you tell that I am no Martha Stewart? 

@tends2dogsI have 2 of these , if it is the Dash brand you are talking about . I bought them to replace my Wolfgang Puck small rice cookers of which one gave out. I use them daily sometimes. They are perfect for our 2 people household ! My husband works odd hours and these are very helpful . They make at least 2 servings. I am retired and frequently make something for myself --do my chores-- then have a nice warm dish of something ready. The Dash brand has a wonderful non-stick finish to the little pot , different from WP's. I have the cookbook for rice cookers from HSN by his assistant that I have found helpful -Marian (?)______. I do have to check on it occasionally to make sure items do not burn --but usually they do great. After a little use I find I can adapt my own recipes.

@SharkE  The smaller Instant Pot is on my personal wish list. I would have purchased the small PC from QVC except it had a teflon like pot and I saw the Instant pot at wal-mart has stainless steel--my preference. I think that is worth the extra $$s.

Honored Contributor

oh yeah, for sure. Dishwasher safe stainless is.

Honored Contributor

No, a crock pot is not like a Instant Pot

Instant pot is a pressure cooker and faster then a regular pressure cooker.

I think a crock pot is basically a slow cooker. Mainly just use in winter for soups (I do, I mean)

crock pots can be bought any place walmart, Target, not a big ticket item.

Bed and bath 

Super Contributor

Just got the 3 qt a few days ago and I have used it every day. Love the size for potatoes, small stew, and steaming veggies. I have the 6 qt, but this size is more useful for us. Will still use the 6 qt for soups and chili. I am shocked at how much I love the 3 qt. Ignored it for a long time.

Valued Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

My Instant Pot is the 3 qt., and I love it....use it 1-2 times a week.  I live alone, but it makes good size quantities...so always leftovers.  I did goulash a few days ago....it handled a 16 oz. box of macaroni just fine.  I’ve cooked a dozen eggs in a metal basket with no problem.

When I buy a beef roast I cut it into thirds....one piece is just the right size for the 3 qt. with some carrots and a couple small potatoes.

Enjoy using yours!

I also have a 3 qt and love it. I also buy beef roasts, cut them into thirds...but then I jam them all into the pot. Cat Very Happy It comes out great. After the roast is done I pull out the pieces, then cook the potatoes and vegetables separately in the juices. The 3 qt is the perfect size for DH and I. No need for anything bigger.