Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

We ordered Honey Bells several years ago, and truthfully we were very disappointed.  We have fruits here called Satsumas, which are far sweeter than the Honey Bells wre, and also fresher.

Last week we received a nice box of fruit from one of the Texas groups that put out beautiful boxes of fruit and treats. It included a few Honey Bells, and they were very disappointing. One was like yours - just rotten. A couple of others weren't so great either.  This is the first time we've received them in a box of fruit- especially from a Texas grower.  Not a big fan of Honey Bells here.

Honey bells aren't even in season yet. No wonder you thought they were horrible. I order honey bells every year from my favorite mom & pop orchard in Florida. Never from Cushmans. I've never ever had any bad ones whatsoever! I'll be placing this years order in about 2 weeks, can't wait! Mmmm!

"Pure Michigan"
Occasional Contributor
When I received my shipment of "sugar bells" they were mostly rotten. I canceled my auto-ship and was given a refund. So disappointing.