Honored Contributor

Curtis has a wonderful two-sided cutting board. Thawing board on one side and cutting board on the other.  Great product!  And free shipping today!

Occasional Contributor

Ive hand one for awhile and its great.  I mainly use it for thawing and it works so fast.  Great purchase.

Valued Contributor

@Krimpette @Seabiscuit   I love Curtis Stone's products and this looks great.  I'm sure it is different for different items -- but how long would you say it generally take to defrost?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@judy0330  Hard to answer because it depends on the thickness of what you're defrosting.  Something like a pork chop was about an hour (though I didn't really time it).  Great reviews on the HSN site.

Super Contributor

Thanks for posting this.  I just went to HSN and purchased it!  Went thru Rakuten and got an additional 8% cash back.  I do love Curtis' items.  One that I use all the time is his two ended masher.  Love that - great for breaking up ground beef, etc. 

Occasional Contributor

I just purchased one, too!  Thank you for the tip.

Respected Contributor
May look into it also. I see he seems to have a new electric skillet available in both 8” and 10”. If I did not already have an 8”, another brand, I would be ordering this one. Nice size for small household.
Respected Contributor
Going to pass on this item as it says “hand wash only”. May not bother some but I might forget and end up with defrost side not usable.
Regular Contributor

I have been thawing my frozen meat, chicken and fish in a cast iron skillet for years.  If you put the wrapped (or unwrapped) food in a cast iron skillet, the cold is drawn out of the food by the cast iron and it thaws really quickly.  I can thaw a 1+ inch steak in an hour or two.  Sometimes I turn it over if I am around and think of it.  This hint really works and is another use for a cast iron skillet or pan.

Respected Contributor

@retiredatlast wrote:

I have been thawing my frozen meat, chicken and fish in a cast iron skillet for years.  If you put the wrapped (or unwrapped) food in a cast iron skillet, the cold is drawn out of the food by the cast iron and it thaws really quickly.  I can thaw a 1+ inch steak in an hour or two.  Sometimes I turn it over if I am around and think of it.  This hint really works and is another use for a cast iron skillet or pan.

Yep. I have a Cooks Essential pan of some sort that may have been designed for this very purpose. Don't know because I got it at Goodwill for 97 cents. But I do know that it helps steaks and chops thaw quickly--same premise, drawing out the cold or the metal transferring room heat into the frozen stuff, I don't know which, but it works.

I already have cutting boards, in fact, a CS bamboo board plus others, so this is an easy pass for me. Do love Chef Stone.