Respected Contributor

You can buy three pounds of seasoned tri tip from HSN for $65 or you can buy three pounds of seasoned tri tip from Costco for $24. Which would you rather?

Honored Contributor

I am always amazed because celebrities put their name on something it should be 3x's more😉

Although, I went to Publix to buy 2 bone-in chicken breasts (well 1 since it's split) no way was I paying $8.02 for 1 breast ($5.79/lb).

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

You can buy three pounds of seasoned tri tip from HSN for $65 or you can buy three pounds of seasoned tri tip from Costco for $24. Which would you rather?

@chessylady.  Add to that $24. The annual membership fee to join Costco.  What is it, about $60.?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone Tri tip

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

If you're not a member of Costco, you have no idea how beneficial it can be, money-wise and price-wise.  You can get back the cost of membership in just  one or a few visits to the store if you shop there for every type of item the store offers.

Use the Costco credit card and get cheaper gas, excellent top-rated products including  the very best meat, household goods and on and on. 

Then get rebates and cash back for every purchase, whether the purchase was made with that card at Costco or any other store or gas station or home repair or haircut salon or restaurant,  and everything else under the sun.

And the membership fee per year is .......what?  I forget and don't care.  It was absorbed and gone in the first month of use. 

Then it is  returned to me once a year in a cash  amount far more than the membership fee .

And I do mean cash.  You don't even have to spend the cash at Costco.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  I would guess that you could find this at your local supermarket for about $1 more per pound than Costco, still quite a difference. Many local stores will even deliver, bet it would still be cheaper. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone Tri tip

[ Edited ]

It is all mind blowing...I just can't wrap my head around the concept they sell enough of this food at these exorbitant prices to keeping offering more & more.  Who would think that is a smart purchase - I don't care how rich someone might be?

The one that I think is extra bizarre is the lemon & herb spatchcock chicken he offers.  Two flat spatchcock chickens for $69.95 (basically $35 each) or for less of a bargain you can get one flat spatchcock chicken for $49.95.  You can buy a whole (not flat) chicken at Costco for $4.99.

You have to cut it up either way.  Just squeeze some lemon juice on and add herbs to the Costco one and you've saved yourself a bunch of money.  
Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

I just bought a local pasture raised chicken at the Farmer's Market for $18.  It was the most I had ever paid for a chicken. I am tired of the rubbery, saline filled strange looking chicken. I will roast it in the oven and use it for at least 3 meals as well as make chicken broth in my Instant Pot. I know that I can get organic chicken at the store cheaper so I will also look into that.

Respected Contributor

@chessylady Or you can buy 3 lbs of Mama Mancini's Meatballs at Costco for $9.99 instead of the outrageous prices QVC charges for them.  Samples were given yesterday at Costco and I wasn't impressed.  Rather the Kirkland Italian Style (Costco house brand). $17 for 6 lbs. mini meatballs. In the freezer now and theyre very good.

Super Contributor

novamc,

I am a Costco member and love it, but I don't know anything about this statement you made, 

"Then it is returned to me once a year in a cash amount far more than the membership fee .

And I do mean cash.  You don't even have to spend the cash at Costco."

What are you referring to? I've never received any returned cash amount, cash back or rebates. Do you have one of the higher dollar memberships? How do you get cash back?

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

We're having one from Costco today!