Regular Contributor

HSN hs a TSV today of Curtis Stone Salmon fillets. Has anyone tried his salmon fillets? Are they worth the money?

Trusted Contributor

They are the same as the Egg Harbor ones sold on QVC.   I have gotten them and they were delicious!

Trusted Contributor

We love them and have them on auto delivery. Vacum packed so no freezer burn, but we don't keep them in the freezer that long.  To me, they are worth the price and so good for you too!

Respected Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone Salmon

[ Edited ]

I decided to give it a try. I put it on auto delivery, in case, we like it. I got a promo for $20 off. It had pretty good reviews. 

Also, while I was looking at reviews, i found this from @Othereeeen 

"Did you know that flash frozen fish needs ot be taken out of the wrapper BEFORE thawing each piece in the fridge? Because of what's called "Anaerobic bacteria" that is present on the flash frozen tightly wrapped fish pieces.

This bacteria can ONLY grow where there is no oxygen. As soon as you unwrap the fish and expose it to air, the bacteria cannot surive."

I didn't know this!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

@nada54 wrote:

They are the same as the Egg Harbor ones sold on QVC.   I have gotten them and they were delicious!

We tried those for the first time recently.... OMG, agree with you so delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a seafood eater. I only eat scallops. Is this salmon fishy? I would love to eat it for the health benefits. I did try it once in a restaurant and hated it. 

Respected Contributor

Have had Egg Harbor Salmon AD thru QVC and prefer Curtis Stone AD thru HSN which I have been receiving more than 2 yrs at the original price. Rastelli is the distributor for all Curtis Stone food products. Do not know if Egg Harbor and Curtis Stone Faroe Island Salmon are both sourced from the same facility.  The nutritionals for both 6oz salmon is identical. The difference here on QVC AD is Egg Harbor is set up for a specific time frame (ie. 1, 2 yr) while HSN AD runs indefinitely until you the customer cancel, and this special $119 would hold for as long as you keep AD. I have had 5 food products of Curtis Stone on AD with HSN for several yrs and original price remains even when beef prices have increased. This price on Stone salmon is very good. I personally prefer the Curtis Stone Faroe Island Salmon and it is excellent.

Honored Contributor

Egg Harbor and Curtis Stone Salmon are BOTH by Rastellis.

I didn't taste any diff whatsoever!

It is just the same fish but with his name on it.

It IS delicious.

that is interesting about defrosting OUT of the package.

I have NEVER done that and have been eating it for about 4 years now!

I'm still alive!

It defrosts in the fridge very fast.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's correct.

Bags of individually vacuum-sealed frozen raw fish usually state clearly on the bags that fish pieces should be  totally removed from wrappers and thawed in the fridge.

As an alternative, the instructions say to unwrap and cook  pieces from frozen state.

I prefer to cook them  straight from the freezer. It only takes a little extra time to get frozen fish done, without thawing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caron122 

I've had them from  both HSN and QVC. 

They are good.

They are NOT worth the money to some people when Costco sells bags of frozen salmon filets from Norway for a fraction of the TV price.

Costco's are farmed and harvested in (probably) the same patch of Atlantic Ocean as the more glamorous-sounding "Faroe Island" salmon.

Earlier this week, I bought a  7-piece three-pound bag of Costco's frozen Norwegian salmon filets on sale for $22.99---regularly priced at $26.99

Members of BJ's and Sam's Club warehouses might be able to find the same salmon at those stores.