Esteemed Contributor

Re: Countertop Convection Ovens

@Q4u, does your Cuisinart look like this one?  I am in Canada.  This is on the Costco website.  It is not what I thought it would look like.  LM

imageService.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Skididdy  I purchased the Oster French door digital countertop oven in January of this year.  I have had no problems at all with it so far and have tried out all the different options on it (including drying foods-once--and the toasting feature) and love the convection feature.

The gap between the doors is there, I think, so that since you open and close the doors with a single pull to open and a push on one handle to close you need that gap so that it CAN close.  It doesn't seem to affect the cooking of things and doesn't cause excessive heat.  

One Caution:  Make sure you extend the door all the way when you pull on one handle to open it--you will feel it lock into place.

Have been using it at least twice a day which helps me avoid heating up my electric stove's oven--especially since we had such heat waves this summer--it has been great.

One thing to be certain of is to measure the size of the space you plan to use it if you purchase it--the doors need lateral space when fully open and there's a bump out in the back which gives you that larger interior space--which I love--and space so that air can circulate around the exterior back.

I looked at lots of brands and I'm sure there are others as good or better than this, but I loved the style and interior size of this one and the price was right for me.

Valued Contributor

I bought a Breville Smart oven pro last year and I LOVE IT! ... use it all the time.. bakes/toasts beautifully...this one has the light inside...it can easily fit a 9x13 pan without handles...I own several Nordicware bakeware that fit great...I did go on their website and purchased an extra rack...  if this oven ever dies, I will surely buy another one in a heart beat... 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @aroc3435.  Thank you all for your opinion.  I appreciate all the help !!!!!

Have an OUTSTANDING FRIDAY !!!!Heart

Honored Contributor

I like my red Oster I got from Q.  Having good luck with it

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Q4u, does your Cuisinart look like this one?  I am in Canada.  This is on the Costco website.  It is not what I thought it would look like.  LM

imageService.jpeg

Yes and I love it!  Be sure to take notice of the size, it's a bit bigger (and taller) than most but I find it very attractive!  Good luck and have fun!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Contributor

I purchased the De'Longhi Livenza .8 cu. ft. True European Convection Oven (EO 241250M) from BB&B using a 20% off coupon at the end of August after doing a lot of research.  Also, I got free shipping. It is large. but not as large as the Breville Air Fryer Oven.  The convection fan is very quiet. As with any new appliance, you have to learn to adjust cooking and toasting times  in your new oven.

So far, I'm really liking this oven.  I can definitely cook larger food items than my Cuisinart  TB-195 which was over 10 years old.   As of right now, I'd purchase this oven again.  Can't speak to longevity because I've only owned this oven for a couple of months.

Your selection will depend on how much counter space you have available.  There are so many sizes and features to pick from.

Good luck with your search.

Super Contributor

Re: Countertop Convection Ovens Try the Oster French Door

[ Edited ]

Nice size for T.T bakeware hardly any heat  escapes from the gap in the door plus it has a Light.

Will be on Sudnay ITKWD & free Shipping.

Respected Contributor

Last Sunday I bought my second Breville- This time the Smart Oven Air..I cannot recommend more highly any appliance I have ever owned, than the Breville oven....

This is a "replacemnet" for my  current Breville Oven that I bought about 9 years ago..which still works fine, but I worried that it might not work forever and I really depend on this, as my home oven is a tiny wall built in- (besides, appliances ALWAYS seem to go out at the holidays when you really needthem, and it IS approaching the Season!LOL!) Plus,  liked some of the newer features on this one, like slow coook and arr fry, and the fact this one has two racks...

At $399, I know this may not be for everyone, but having owned a Breville, I just did not feel I could "go back" to another brand.

HOWEVER, I recently saw a Cooks Companion oven on Evine that really piqued my interest- it was 1/3 of the cost of this one, and I  must admit, I nearly bought it.. I have had great expereinces with their house brand, CC ...So I would recommend st least checking it out-

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Skididdy  I purchased the Oster French door digital countertop oven in January of this year.  I have had no problems at all with it so far and have tried out all the different options on it (including drying foods-once--and the toasting feature) and love the convection feature.

The gap between the doors is there, I think, so that since you open and close the doors with a single pull to open and a push on one handle to close you need that gap so that it CAN close.  It doesn't seem to affect the cooking of things and doesn't cause excessive heat.  

One Caution:  Make sure you extend the door all the way when you pull on one handle to open it--you will feel it lock into place.

Have been using it at least twice a day which helps me avoid heating up my electric stove's oven--especially since we had such heat waves this summer--it has been great.

One thing to be certain of is to measure the size of the space you plan to use it if you purchase it--the doors need lateral space when fully open and there's a bump out in the back which gives you that larger interior space--which I love--and space so that air can circulate around the exterior back.

I looked at lots of brands and I'm sure there are others as good or better than this, but I loved the style and interior size of this one and the price was right for me.

@Skididdy  thanks for this review I am soooo tempted to get this one from Q....in copper!  I only have one concern....when you say it has a bump out in back...I just measured the space where it could go and not sure it would be big enough for the size of this oven.  The description says oven is 19 1/2 inches in depth...is this correct?  I would hate to get it home and it's even deeper and it hangs off my counter space!  

I have the more expensive (smaller than this one) Breville with the light inside...and it is nice BUT it is loud and well it looks kinda bla...and we have had it for several yrs...thinking of keeping it where it is and adding this other one in as I always need places to bake and keep items warm before we all sit down to eat.  

Thanks