Respected Contributor

Re: Copper Chef Overload

[ Edited ]

@SharkE, but today they also had some red ones.  Would fit in great with your other kitchen appliances.  (red on the outside but coppery on the inside).

Regular Contributor

MaryBeths pork chop recipe is in one of her cookbooks and it is fantastic.  Don’t knock it if you haven’t tried it.

Super Contributor

Well gee folks, I just tuned in to QVC and, SURPRISE, they're selling the Copper Chef TSV! 

But let's face it, it's all about the Benjamin's, since they just announced that over 125,000 have been sold today. Can't blame them for showing this product half the day I guess with those numbers. They just followed up with his segmented baking pan, which doesn't look bad for the price.

Anyway, hurry up since there are only 21,000 left!!!

Occasional Contributor

@sallyann38 - Have you ever heard of the phrase, "You eat with your eyes first?"  Well, my eyes told me I would not want to try or spend the time making Mary Beth's pork chop recipe.  I am glad you thought it looked and tasted good, however, it didn't look very appetizing to me.  And, try not being so defensive when speaking to me.  You will get very tired if you spend time attacking people simply because their opinions do not match with yours.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

It seems like everything copper lately is just another shiny object to catch the buying public's attention.  I got over it back in the 60's when I had to polish the bottoms of Revere Ware pots and pans.  I don't find what is being pushed now particularly attractive, the usage reviews are very mixed. 

@Free2be, and this particular "shiny object" line has no copper in it. I have to wonder how many people know that.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have to say the deep frying was making me sick.  All that oil and the vendor grabs the donut soaked in oil and then places it in frosting and sprinkles.  Yuck!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Free2be wrote:

It seems like everything copper lately is just another shiny object to catch the buying public's attention.  I got over it back in the 60's when I had to polish the bottoms of Revere Ware pots and pans.  I don't find what is being pushed now particularly attractive, the usage reviews are very mixed. 

@Free2be, and this particular "shiny object" line has no copper in it. I have to wonder how many people know that.

All you have to do is look at the price to know there is no copper in a copper chef.

Trusted Contributor

I love watching "In the Kitchen with David", but I agree.  WAY too much Copper Chef in his show.  Way too much in the entire day.  It's like they were trying to reach a certain number of orders.  Turned it off after the third round.  UGH.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

There must be a marketing genius behind Copper Chef.  They've sold millions of units and nobody has a clue as to how this stuff will look in five years.  It's possible the finish will totally deteriorite and peel away after extended use. Everyone is snatching it up like it's the best thing in the marketplace but nobody knows.  I have determined that it heats very unevenly when I cooked some pancakes in my pan. One cooked far faster and got browner than the other.

We may end up with millions of cooks madder than an old wet hen. These pans aren't cheap.

I don't have any Copper Chef, but have seen pieces at TJ Maxx, and don't really see all the hype. They appear thin, and I can't imagine the outsides will look very good in a couple of years, as they look about the quality of the old enamel stuff from Cook's essentials just not as thick and heavy.

I love the square shape, and have been tempted to buy them simply because of that, but just can't bring myself to do so after seeing them in person.

As to the cost, I think they are cheap (inexpensive). Good cookware costs at least double to triple (or more) than the Copper Chef pieces that Q sells or the ones I've seen at TJ Maxx. So I'm guessing that people will simply throw it away in five years or so when it fails like all the other non stick cookware, and move on to the next big thing.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Free2be wrote:

All you have to do is look at the price to know there is no copper in a copper chef.

Oh, ye of too much faith, @software. Never underestimate the public's willingness to be struck blind by the shiny object. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland