Trusted Contributor

Cookware that doesn't warp or bend?

I'm in need of some good cookware, and I'm tired of cookware that warps so badly out of shape that the lids no longer fit.

Any suggestions?  TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: Cookware that doesn't warp or bend?

[ Edited ]

why does your cookware warp?? i've never had a piece warp before. do you put your skillets inder the broiler alot?

i like calphon alot. i've had some pieces many years.  dh says you are cooking too hot. that's why the pans warp. 

Honored Contributor

All-Clad.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like stainless steel - I've got some Cuisinart that's taken a lot of use very well.  And my copper bottom Revere Ware is 20 years old and cooking like a champ!

No warping or bending, that I can see, and I use an old-style electric coil range.  Lids all fit tight enough to do perfect rice.

I also use a Temp-tations enamel on steel stock pot; had that one about three years and looks brand new.  Works beautifully, no warping or bending.  Lid fits.

I can't help you if it's true "non-stick" you are looking for.  I just don't use that.  My pots and pans deglaze nicely and really, with proper technique, foods don't stick inordinately.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ditto on Calphalon; I have had mine for years and enjoy the even heat and easy clean-up.  No warping.

Honored Contributor

Curtis Stone-I have some and I think it's very good

I've read that warping and bending can also be due to not letting cookware cool off enough before washing. I hand wash it and it is tempting to do it fast, but best to really let it cool first.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

I've become a huge lover of All Clad.  I tried a couple of pieces (found at a deeply reduced price) and when I buy a complte new set it will be All Clad.  Having said that I should mention that I still own all of the original pieces of a T-Fal set purchased from QVC in 1992.  Not even a lid is warped or discolored.  

Respected Contributor

HSNs Curtis Stone cookware!  It is fabulous, nothing sticks, it’s durable and not expensive, but wait for a TSV or sale for best deals.  I just checked and there isn’t a lot of deals or inventory now- I Love his cookware, the sauté pans, soup pots, bakeware, all excellent! 

Respected Contributor

@Sue98  for bakeware, I suggest USA Pans.  Made in the USA, reasonably priced and bake wonderfully.

Honored Contributor

All Clad

"Pure Michigan"