Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cookware that doesn't warp or bend?

[ Edited ]

Copper-bottom Revere pots and pans are the best you'll ever find. Mine were purchased in 1969 and still look like new. Bought that brand because both my mom and grandmother had those pots and pans! (I did try one small non-stick pot and hated it! It went to Goodwill after a couple of years. Wasn't worth the money when a good set of Revere doesn't burn foods.)

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I have a few Revereware pots/pans  that I love, but they are warped on the bottom so don't sit flat---I read somewhere that warping is caused by putting water into  a hot pan/pot instead of letting the pan cool first. I did that ALL the time, to help get the stuff off the bottom before I cleaned them and have had these pans for many, many years. Now doing that a few times won't warp them, but doing that for many years will. Makes sense to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had great luck with Techniques, Cook Essentials and Rachael Ray cookware. I have had those pans for years. My absolute favorites are the RR oval pan. and Mark Charles Masilli Kuhn Rikon steamer pot -4th burner pan. I could survive in the kitchen with just these three if  I had to. My others ones are for convenience and holiday meals.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been using the same set of Rachael Ray cookware for almost 12 years; even though the color on the exterior isn't as bright and beautiful now as it was in the beginning (despite only washing by hand), the nonstick interiors are as amazing as the first time I used them. I don't know what is so special about her nonstick, but I've never seen pans perform as well as hers—they cook evenly and clean up easily. None of my pots and pans has ever warped or had any other issues. I recently bought a set for my mother and she loves them, too.

I also have some Cook's Essentials pots and pans; they're fine, but I don't like them as much as the RR pans and really only use them when I'm cooking for a crowd and need multiples of the same size of pot/pan at the same time. The nonstick properties are definitely not as good, and both the interiors and exteriors get scratched fairly easily even if you only use silicone and wooden utensils and hand wash everything.

The biggest tips I can offer to make the most of your investment in pots and pans are to buy quality pieces and always hand wash them, whether they say they're dishwasher safe or not. It is worth the extra few minutes to get an extra few years of use.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love my Cuisinart Multi-clad Stainless Steel cookware. Bought it over 20 years ago, though I've added different sized pieces from time to time.

I think any name brand should hold up well. The only bad experiences I've had were with cookware that was very cheap (inexpensive non-stick skillets, for example). 

Honored Contributor

I've had copper bottom Revereware 43 + years.  No problem yet.Smiley Happy

I put cast iron skillets in the oven.

Respected Contributor

we bought rachel rays oval pan set 4 years ago. they are very good. none stick and dishwasher safe. originally when i saw oval pans i thought who would want oval pans but they are awesome and good quality and well worth the money. we got a good deal here on qvc. our set is blue.they look very nice. hope this helps you out.

Honored Contributor

I've had the same set of Emeril cookware that I bought at BB&B for about 20 years.  At that time All-Clad was making his cookware.  It's still in perfect condition.  I've never had any cookware warp or bend though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sue98 wrote:

I'm in need of some good cookware, and I'm tired of cookware that warps so badly out of shape that the lids no longer fit.

Any suggestions?  TIA

@Sue98

Cast iron cookware like Lodge.  Made in USA.  

Le Crueset or Staub enamel cast iron.   Made in France.

All Clad 5 ply stainless steel clad cookware.  Don’t buy the cheap stainless cookware made in China, Korea, or Thailand.

Good luck.

Hung

Esteemed Contributor

I have many types of cookware, but my favorite, and the pans/pots that I use most often are from Made In.  I have used these since their inception, several years ago, and I use them every day.  No warping and easy clean up.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!