Frequent Contributor

Cooks Essentials TSV 6 Qt Pressure Cooker

Has anyone received the Cooks Essentials TSV 6 Qt Pressure Cooker yet and what do you think of it?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Cooks Essentials TSV 6 Qt Pressure Cooker

I just now took mine out of the box. I'm going to start off easy and make rice in mine tonight. I did buy manicotti shells at the store yesterday and will fix Merideth's blog post recipe later in the week. (I forgot to buy the Rocotta)

Trusted Contributor

I just opened mine too. Not sure what I'll make first, probably rice. There's a sausage and lentil dish in the included booklet that looks good so I may try that one as I have all the ingredients. I've never used a pressure cooker before, so this is a new and different experience.

Regular Contributor

Just got mine. I want to make plain rice but I do not understand as to how to do it. The booklet does not make sense to me. Would appreciate some help.
Trusted Contributor

Sallyann, as I read the booklet, add the rice, the appropriate amount of water, lock down the lid, hit the 'rice' button, then the 'start' button. I think then you just wait until the pressure subsides naturally before opening the lid.

Regular Contributor

In the booklet for long grain white rice am I to understand that you use 1 c. Rice and 1-1/2 c. Water??
Super Contributor

I passed on this one, and got the TFAL pressure cooker from Emeril Legasse. Cook's Country rated it highly. I have a couple of pressure cooker recipes I'd like to try from the Suzanne Somers Fast and Fabulous book.

Trusted Contributor

I always add a scant teaspoon of oil to rice/grains to prevent foaming. Instead of water, you can add broth. You can also season the rice with bouillon cubes or whatever seasonings you like. Use the 'natural' cool down method-just let it sit until the pressure releases.

Occasional Visitor

Where can I purchase a rack suitable for use in this pressure cooker?

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 wrote:

I just opened mine too. Not sure what I'll make first, probably rice. There's a sausage and lentil dish in the included booklet that looks good so I may try that one as I have all the ingredients. I've never used a pressure cooker before, so this is a new and different experience.

Don't lose use and care book. Directions..........I got a Aunt who throws all that away then wonders why it don't work.