Frequent Contributor

Re: Cooks Essentials Air Fryer TSV - How Is It Working For You?

@Poshparis , I've been looking at the Paula Deen Air Fryer. Didn't have time to pay enough attention to make a decision when it was the value of the day. I also was wondering if the larger one was too large for my purposes and need to do some measurements, as I don't have much empty space in my kitchen. I do like that this air fryer has a ceramic basket.

I would very much appreciate your feedback, if you would be so kind to post it. Hopefully, yours will arrive earlier than expected and in time for Thanksgiving cooking. Those of you who already have the Paula Deen AF, how are you liking it?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Made wings in the air fryer yesterday. They were Yum!!!. I bought a bag of frozen wings that I thawed & sprinkled with a spice mixture we mixed up called Memphis Rub. Cooked 15 mins on one side & a little less then 15 mins on the other side. I cooked all the drummies in one batch & all the wings in one batch instead of putting them on top of each other. I like them crispy.

I'm going to re-heat leftovers & toss in some bbq sauce.

Wings 2 (1).JPGWings 2 (2).JPG

What temperature did you use?  TIA!!

@cancun08 I used 360°. I just searched air fryer wings & it came up with the Philips airfryer & said 360° for 26-28 mins. so I went by that. Guess it will depend on size & how crispy you like your wings to the cook time. These wings are small IMO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did a small turkey breast about 6 lbs before cutting the bone off the bottom so it would sit flat in the basket. Cooked it @ 360° for 25 mins per side. I put butter up under the skin, rubbed down the outside with olive oil & sprinkled with Penzey's poultry seasoning. It was good.

I cut a piece of parchment paper folded it in half to put it down in the basket to set the turkey on. It made clean up easier.

100_3766.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Amarica wrote:

@Poshparis , I've been looking at the Paula Deen Air Fryer. Didn't have time to pay enough attention to make a decision when it was the value of the day. I also was wondering if the larger one was too large for my purposes and need to do some measurements, as I don't have much empty space in my kitchen. I do like that this air fryer has a ceramic basket.

I would very much appreciate your feedback, if you would be so kind to post it. Hopefully, yours will arrive earlier than expected and in time for Thanksgiving cooking. Those of you who already have the Paula Deen AF, how are you liking it?

Thanks!

@OooLaLa  As stated in a prior post, I opted to return the Cooks Essentials Air Fryers - just didn't have any confidence in it after reading the reviews.  I ended up ordering the Paula Deen Air Fryer the day it was a TTV.  The smaller versioin had much better reviews and now similar reviews are showing up for the larger one.  Mine have just shipped so I haven't worked with it yet, but I already feel better about my decision.  As for the size thing, I like the idea of the larger one because there's the option of making a lot or a little of something and it'll work for a single person as well as a family.