Honored Contributor

Re: Cooks Essentials Air Fryer TSV - How Is It Working For You?

@10sluvr wrote:

for those that are using the air fryer, did you also pick up the blue jean chef cookbook or are there recipes that come with a.f. good enough? i've seen some at the library and i might check out one of those. my a.f. is on waitlist and i can't wait for it to come.

@10sluvr - if you are considering purchasing Meredith Lawrence's Air Fryer Cookbook, I strongly urge you to check out Amazon Prime.  It's something like $13 there.

Honored Contributor

Well...............I just opened mine up and....

It was almost impossible to get the 2 baskets to release-I kept trying and finally-success.

I just made onion rings and opened it up to shake them around and the drawer would not go back in and the power died................OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz is a genius-It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as she said-I put the basket in while going down a drop and the darn thing went right in.

It would not power on because it was not closed properly-thank you!!!!!!

Oh and by the way-in size, compared to the chef ming it's huge.............so much

bigger-like the size that paula deen is showing today-you can fit a lot in this one and I just love its happy shape.

Onion rings came out perfect-crispy and really fast..7 minutes or so.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

@catlover wrote:

@Nightowlz is a genius-It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as she said-I put the basket in while going down a drop and the darn thing went right in.

It would not power on because it was not closed properly-thank you!!!!!!

Oh and by the way-in size, compared to the chef ming it's huge.............so much

bigger-like the size that paula deen is showing today-you can fit a lot in this one and I just love its happy shape.

Onion rings came out perfect-crispy and really fast..7 minutes or so.

@catlover Glad it worked for you. I saw if I did not go down it hit the front of the machine.

Contributor

I love my air fryer. I did have a problem with the basket but I just took it out and put it back in about 10 times and it's goes right in now. I think it's hard to get out because it's new and tight and after pushing the button in and taking it out a few times it's fine. I have used mine multiple times a day and love it. Cooks fast and clean up is a breeze. Everything is crispy. The only thing I have found with mine is in the center of the lower basket the non stick has come off. It's just a small spot about the size of a pencil eraser. Any body else have this problem?
Super Contributor

You said you had an extremely hard time separating the baskets. I haven't been able to push the release button down to separate them either.  How did you finally make it work?? And is it still,working for you? Getting easier each time? I'm hoping!  

Trusted Contributor

@grams2

Have you called customer service about that non-stick spot coming off?  I had the same thing happen.  Called customer service & they referred it to corporate.  Someone will respond to my issue in 3-5 days.  You may want to get on that list. 

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Trusted Contributor

I am still waiting on mine. Nervous now with all the problems people are having. Might try one from the store and cancel this one. Really like that cinnamon, though.

Trusted Contributor

I really love my air fryer & am hoping that they will send me a replacement part.  If this is a widespread problem with this drawer, it can't be beneficial to the Q to pay return shipping on defective units.  I had no problem when I hand washed it, but the one time that I put it in the dishwasher, a small spot of the non-stick came off.  Crossin my fingers.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Contributor

Ok I am not the only one who had trouble with the thing going in and out there is a little trick to it and yes getting the basket out was a problem I didn't know the handle wasn't on the outside and you pushed the button to release you have to release the everything from the pot........That is behind me with a few choice words.....but it is ok.

I posted on another question about the air fryer.....everything that is out of the recipe book works great...but I have some things that I like "fried" and I am working on it...so far for MY creations I have to work on the temp and time.....but I love this thing....we don't eat a lot of frozen stuff but I did make sweet potato fries and they wree wonderful......and no fat.