New Contributor

Cooks Essentials 18/10 warranty

I was over at my niece's helping her make mac and cheese. She has the 10 piece 18/10 stainless steel non stick set she bought about 6 years ago. When I finished cooking the cheese sauce, I went to wash the pot and had a lot of trouble with it sticking to the bottom. She said all her pans were doing that. She had contacted QVC and they said they had no record of her purchasing them...probably there records don't go back that far. Of course, she doesn't have a receipt from that far back. They said someone would call her back and they never did. Has anyone here ever had this problem with the pans and shouldn't they honor the lifetime limited warranty? And if you don't have a receipt, sending back the pans would prove you actually do have Cooks Essentials. Any thoughts?

Super Contributor

Re: Cooks Essentials 18/10 warranty

She should be able to find proof of purchase on her order history. Mine goes back many years. I have had the same problem with these pans & was told to send them back by CS & since mine aren't made anymore, they will replace with something similar. I did save the warranty & receipt. I would never buy another CE product again. I've had issues with every CE I've purchased. Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

My records go back that far, you can check under the, 'My Account' tab. I had a set of CE replaced about 6 years ago. Call customer service for instructions-you will have to pay to ship them. I had to send the entire 10 piece set back, (including lids), because the non-stick finish was worn off, (tiger paw test my butt!). I had never used metal utensils or put them in the dishwasher. My color was sienna, and they still had it at the time. I would not bother replacing it now, as there is much better cookware available.

Contributor

I have an entire set that needs to be returned. Since they have a lifetime warranty, I feel like I should return them, but I don't like the idea of the that finish flaking off in our food again. I am thinking about just getting different cookware. Any suggestions?

Trusted Contributor

I use hard-anodized, stainless steel and cast iron.

Honored Contributor

She needs to call back and speak to a supervisor. They can go back to the beginning of time in their history archives. That is what they did for me. I purchased mine in 2001. They had to send the request off to somewhere and get the order info in order to get me the return authorization code that you need to put on your box when you ship it to them.

There is a special address you mail it to. Most likely they will have to replace it with a different set or pieces if your set is no longer made. I had an original hard anondized and they replaced it with Technique hard anondized.

re Stainless Steel in general

Stainless steel, by it's very nature, is non-stick. Unless this set has some sort of coating on it that wore off, I'm surprised you would have sticking issues that you can't remove.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
New Contributor

va belle, the exterior is stainless steel, the interior is coated with Dupont non-stick. The interior is the problem. Thanks for letting me know they can go back in their records that far.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and ideas. I will talk to my niece about her options.