Regular Contributor

Le Creuset's website has really great deals. If you order $150 of stuff, you get a free TRIO crocotte set until 2/14/2014.

I ordered two pie pans and a pie cookbook for $94, a pie bird, a measurement magnet, and prep set to get the free gift. I live near a LC Outlet and these deals are better than the outlet. I wish the Q would put all of their LC dutch ovens on easy pay to make it a little easier on the budget.

Once you go Le Creuset, you never go back.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. I can't afford one right now, but I can't help stop and fondle them every time I'm in a store that carries Le Creuset.{#emotions_dlg.blushing} If I were to save up and buy one piece, which do you think is the most versatile?

Occasional Contributor

I was thinking about Le Creuset but saw Martha Stewart on sale at Macy's - good sale price. I am glad to hear that you have used and like Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

Question: No problem using on a glass top stove? I wanted to make sure from someone who uses before I try it.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info on the LC sale. I will check it out. Love the stuff and I've bought plenty at the outlet close by. When I go now, I'm shocked at the prices, but I suppose they're better than retail stores. Being from the east coast, too, I'm betting you're talking about the Clinton or Westbrook, CT outlet. Just a guess.

Last week I got a GREAT deal on some LeCreuset stoneware at Marshalls. I know LC's stoneware is made in China and I'm not too crazy about that, but their quality is wonderful. Better than some stoneware manufacturers. I got an oval baker for $12, 11.5" deep baking dish for $20, a rectangular baking dish for $12 and a 7" baking dish for $7.50. I may be off on the exact sizes, they're my best guesses. These dishes were offered only in red, which was fine with me.

ETA - they did have red pie plates, no bird, for $12 also.

Respected Contributor
On 2/4/2014 techsupport said:

Question: No problem using on a glass top stove? I wanted to make sure from someone who uses before I try it.

I , never, ever had a problem with those pots on the glass top stove that I had. I now have gas.

Honored Contributor

I baked bread in their large sized loaf pan yesterday and it is a great size for sandwiches--not too big like most! The slices are on the smaller size--for today's bread--and it baked beautifully! It was a full-sized wheat loaf from the big Zo.

Occasional Contributor
Love them. My LC Dutch oven is at least ten years old. That's the piece I'd save for. It's made in France and I occasionally see them at TJMaxx. The online sites prices are just as good as my nearby LC outlet. I like the bakeware/microwave line too, not as pricey. But the pricey Dutch Oven has earned it's keep. It's my soup pot, roasted chkn pot, stews, it's the best. And I can't believe I am raving about cookware. But it's true, you never go back.
Regular Contributor
On 2/3/2014 house cat said:

Thanks for the heads up. I can't afford one right now, but I can't help stop and fondle them every time I'm in a store that carries Le Creuset.{#emotions_dlg.blushing} If I were to save up and buy one piece, which do you think is the most versatile?

Hi house cat. Think of the pot or pan in your kitchen you use the most right now and go for that pan in Le Creuset. The price per wear makes it so worth it. For my family of 5, I use my 4.5 quart rectangular casserole dish the most. I bought it at a discontinued sale at Wegman's for $40 and it retails for $110 on QVC's site. I am saving up to purchase a 9 quart and 13 quart dutch oven. I purchased many other pieces at the discontinued sale. I would recommend browsing the internet and local outlets for deals. They are out there. I wish you the best.

Super Contributor

thanks, Eastcoastviewer. I'll have to start looking for bargains. I'm not a very good bargain hunter, but I REALLY WANT ONE OF THOSE POTS!