Honored Contributor

Re: Cooks Essential pressure cooker

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee It would be nice to find another heavy duty oval 8 qt pressure cooker like it. I know it was also sold under the names Russell Hobbs & Faberware. 6 qt is nice but I need an 8 qt oval for soups/stews so I can make a larger batch. Oval just fits things better.

I bought the 6 qt Cuisinart because it has the 2 yr warranty. I had no problems getting mine replaced when it stopped working.

Out of all the brands of bakeware I have used I have to use USA Pans are they best. 

I need some new cookware pieces but cannot decide what to buy. Not buying another whole set just pieces I use the most. Don't think I want SS but don't want peeling non-stick either.

They have 2 of those used 8 qt oval pressure cookers on Ebay right now. Both $100 or so with the expensive shipping.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz: Yes would prefer the 8 qt oval but have extra expenses this month . I have purchased the Curtis Stone cookie sheets and his 6 qt straining stock pot. Love both but just purchased and cannot determine if after several months the non stick peeks or what ever. I always use the nylon utensils and hand  wash, if I have issues with them in a few months will try the USA pans. Truly appreciate your help and information. SouthernBee 

Valued Contributor

There are much better pressure cookers than Cooks Essentials.  Try Fa-gor on Amazon, for one.

Honored Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

There are much better pressure cookers than Cooks Essentials.  Try Fa-gor on Amazon, for one.

@giddy up Fogor does not make digital pressure cookers do they?

I have always used a digital pc. I thought about a stovetop pc but have never bought one. I'm sure they would work better since most PC's they sell now only have like a 10 psi on high instead of 15 psi. It's a big secret & they never tell you this info.

Valued Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@giddy up wrote:

@giddy up Fogor does not make digital pressure cookers do they?

I have always used a digital pc. I thought about a stovetop pc but have never bought one. I'm sure they would work better since most PC's they sell now only have like a 10 psi on high instead of 15 psi. It's a big secret & they never tell you this info.

yes, they make the electric digital pressure cooker.  I have never used a stovetop myself.

Respected Contributor

I have used my 6 qt Instant Pot for over 2 years now, I like the stainless steel liner pot which does not flake and is easily cleaned. Instant Pot now makes an 8 qt electric pressure cooker. It has a cult following because it is a great appliance. Lots of Facebook groups with recipes. I have made a cheesecake in mine.