Contributor

Cooks Essential pressure cooker

Has anyone bought a Cooks Essential pressure cooker and had it die on you after a couple years?  Were u able to have it repaired or did u just toss it in the garbage?   Thanks for any info.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cooks Essential pressure cooker

My Cooks Essentials pressure cooker is 5 years old, and going strong---knock on wood.   Within a year after this purchase, the reviews on this brand of pressure cooker changed to very negative reviews, and I began to worry.   While I have no complaints about this model, I know I've gotten my monies worth already.   When it dies, it's out the door; I wouldn't even think about a repair.   With so many other electric pressure cookers to choose from now, I will buy a different brand in the future.   

Respected Contributor

I have had a CE 7qt. round one that was presented by Bob Warden.  I think I bought it circa winter of 2012.  Knock on wood, it's still going strong.  I use it at least twice a week, and sometimes more than that.

Aroc

Honored Contributor

I don't think the small appliances we buy nowadays are made to be repaired.   I can't imagine how you'd find anyone to do it or how they'd get parts.   We're supposed to junk them and buy new.   The stove top pressure cookers go on for years because there's nothing to break.   You buy a new gasket every 15 or 20 years and you're good to go.   I've had mine since 1965,  and it's still going strong,  except I love using my electric. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Yep, I have my big canning stove top pressure cooker but love my electric one too.  I have a smaller Cook's Essential and so far it's doing ok.  Smiley Very Happy

Mine just did Smiley Sad What's odd, too, is that it isn't in my purchase history, so I cant even find the item number. It was the 6qt, a one-day only price, and I bought it in 2015. Weird. I'm sad it died after such a short time and won't buy another CE appliance.

New Contributor

I purchased mine 8-30-2015 Item #K43575, mine just died too!  I don't use it often but loved it when I needed it.  Probably didn't use it a dozen times in the past 2 years.  I've talked to Maxi-Matic who CS at QVC told me to contact but they claim they didn't make this model and have no parts so I'm just getting the run around.  Looks like this just goes in the trash but it was a fairly inexpensive lesson on Cook's Essential, no more electrical products.  

Respected Contributor

Mine was a TSV in the fall of 2015. I use it at least twice a week. It stopped working last week. I cleaned out the place where the cord plugs in and cleaned the heating elements and replaced the gaskets. It's fine now.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to have the old CE 8 qt oval PC. DH repaired it twice. I bought a used one off Ebay. It no longer works.

I bought the Cuisinart 6 qt PC which quit working after a couple of uses. It came with a 2 yr warranty so it was replaced at no charge. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz: I had the same CE pressure cooker. I used it several times a week but quit working after 15 months. Had issues withe the cook ware and bake ware and no longer purchase anything made by CE. Lot of research: company that made this one went out of business and very difficult to find the replacement parts. I really loved the oval shape  pressure cookerand wish a good company  like Cuisinart  would made one. I took your advice  and purchased the Cuisinart with no issues or problems. Thank you. SouthernBee 

Edited: For the pressure cooker: I called customer service several times, yes they provided phone numbers but some were disconnected. I did more research on Internet and discovered the company had gone out of business.  I take very good care of any thing that I purchase.  I was given the run around on the cookware and bakeware, never offered any replacements or other options. SouthernBee