Honored Contributor

How Often Do You Serve Bread With Your Main Meal?

Our main meal is in the evening.  I love garlic bread, an onion bread I do with French bread and butter that is an eyeroller, any yeast rolls.  I love fresh cornbread with a glass if white zin.

We only have bread for "company" or family dinners as a rule, although DH will make himself cornbread often.

I'll go a month without eating bread.

Respected Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Serve Bread With Your Main Meal?

I really do not make real meals since I live alone but I do love  garlic bread with spaghetti

Respected Contributor

Interesting question.  Now that you mention it, We only have bread as a side with Italian dishes and on Thanksgiving with the turkey gravy.  Rarely and i mean Very rarely I make Yorkshire pudding, Basically that's popover batter in a cake pan, when I make a roast of beef.  For anyone who hasn't made it yet, if you do... its SUPPOSED to look like that! : )

Honored Contributor

I love bread too but we only have it at the dinner table for special occasions.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I miss the days of having garlic bread with many meals.  Now, once in a blue moon, we have a loaf of rustic sourdough from a local bakery.

@candys mine I haven't made Yorkshire pudding in years.  So dang good.

Honored Contributor

We rarely have bread with our meals, although bread was always on the table when I was growing up.  

My farm grandma made a huge pan of biscuits every morning, and a skillet of cornbread every night.   On the rare occasion of leftover biscuits,  she would fry them in butter for breakfast the next morning and roll them in cinnamon sugar.   I loved those leftover biscuits with her homemade apple butter or blackberry jam.   

Bread is only available here when we eat pasta, dried beans, milk gravy, or holiday meals.   

Esteemed Contributor

Recently we have bread on holidays and special occasions. I use my bread machine for Thanksgiving, just because it make great bread and helps the house to smell so delicious. I love bread, but these days we have to pick and choose our carbs. We rarely eat bread, but the end of summer calls for BLTs. Can't be helped!

Respected Contributor

rarely unless its a sandwich

flashback of my father with bread in one hand and fork in another.  no meal was served  back then without some type of bread or rolls

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Super Contributor

Wow!  I hadn't given that any thought until I read this topic.  When I was growing up, there was always a stack of bread on the table.  I can't remember the last time we had bread with our main meal.

Honored Contributor

I don't......bread is reserved for a special treat and I rarely eat it (even though it is one of my favorite foods).