Respected Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

On our first trip to Target as a married couple (51 years ago!), we bought a thin round pizza pans with plenty of holes.  It has been used for frozen pizzas all of these years.  My sons and grandsons always said that my OVEN made the best frozen pizzas.  I am convinced that it is that beat up looking pan.

P.S.  I almost always add extra veggies and cheese to inexpensive frozen pizzas.

That is what I use also - works great!

Valued Contributor
Performed pizza pan user too! Cooks from the top & bottom for crispness with the holes. Great for leftovers too & no extra appliances on the counter.
Respected Contributor

@peachesncream I always use my big round pizza pan.I would never put it directly on the rack,bc i always load it up with the kitchen sink!

Trusted Contributor

I have always just put a sheet of foil underneath and catches all the goop.  Super easy clean up.  I've done it for years with anything that is going to slop up my oven.

Esteemed Contributor
We use pizza crust mix and cook in the pan on center rack but we have a pizza stone on rack below and another above (really improves even heating). We made a list of every possible topping and refer to it frequently ( DH's pizza is divine). We also invested in nice stainless steel pizza pans in a variety of sizes.
Esteemed Contributor

If it calls to put directly on rack, I do it with no significant issues.