Respected Contributor

Re: Cookies You Loved That Aren't Available Now

@jlkz wrote:

Inthink these flat toasted square crackers with thin raisin filling  were made by Nabisco.  They came in oblong package with about 4 cookies / oblong and about three oblongs high.  I could and probably did eat the whole package while I read a book up in my room.

@jlkz @Vermont Country Store sells them.

Honored Contributor

Stella D'Oro Anginetti cookies.

I used to cut them in half and fill them with a pinapple cream cheese mixture.  They were like little cream puffs.  Everyone went crazy for them.

The company was bought out and the production was over.  I called the company to beg for them to be made again, but they said the machine was broken and couldn't be fixed and they were not going to replace it.

I live in PA, but found them at a Shop Rite in NJ for a while after they were not available here.  I bought every bag they had.

Oh well...I am sad. 

1F3912EC-D7B9-4B07-AE05-AA12864CE90E.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Boy, do I remember the brown edge wafer cookies.  We used get them for snack time in kindergarten, and I'm in my 70's. Over the years I've looked for them to no avail.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Flatbush wrote:

Malomars

@Flatbush  ..... my favorite cookie!!!! ..... I could eat the whole box 🥰❤️

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 

Oh I loved the lemon coolers and you got me searching but to no avail!  There are other brands or many recipes but not the originals!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Nabisco Lemon Drops with the powdered sugar. I forget what they are called. But a box was not safe around me!

@avid shopper  Are we thinking about the same cookie?

@sunshine45Maybe that's the one!

Valued Contributor

@Carmie , I too miss those little cookies.  They were always great for a quick dessert to bring or have at home.

Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Inthink these flat toasted square crackers with thin raisin filling  were made by Nabisco.  They came in oblong package with about 4 cookies / oblong and about three oblongs high.  I could and probably did eat the whole package while I read a book up in my room.

Those were the only type of cookies my Mom would buy. But not often.

Then my Dad would sneak in a package of Archway's Ruth's Oatmeal cookies. They were chewy and oh so good. And as soon as the "kids" got ahold of them they would disappear.

Respected Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

You can get those from Vermont Country Store.

Honored Contributor

@daisyk wrote:

We're going back a long ways, but does anyone remember Fudgetown cookies? I don't think they've been around since the 80's now or maybe earlier. It was a chocolate sandwich cookie with chocolate inside. Not gourmet but they were so good!

@daisyk  Did those have a hole in the center where the chocolate filling could be seen?  If so there is a DARE chocolate cookie just like them that I found accidently at a little market and Walmart and Amazon has them.Dare Foods Dare Cookies, 10.2 oz