Respected Contributor

Re: Cookie exchanges. Anyone do them?

On 12/15/2014 chickenbutt said:

I had actually never heard of this, except on this board. Is this a regional, or generational, thing? It seems like a really cool idea. I've just never seen it anywhere that I've lived, over the years.

chickenbutt, you've never heard of a cookie exchange? You're not a millennial R U?

This has been around for a long, long time. Back to the days when women had time to do work on the art of baking, homemaking, etc.

Honored Contributor

On 12/15/2014 Skylands said:
On 12/15/2014 chickenbutt said:

I had actually never heard of this, except on this board. Is this a regional, or generational, thing? It seems like a really cool idea. I've just never seen it anywhere that I've lived, over the years.

chickenbutt, you've never heard of a cookie exchange? You're not a millennial R U?

This has been around for a long, long time. Back to the days when women had time to do work on the art of baking, homemaking, etc.

No, I really hadn't except for on this board. I assume a millennial is somebody who is particularly young, so I'm not that. I guess, having just turned (gasp) 60 last month, I'm a baby boomer. Smiley Happy

But, except for world travel, I've spent most of my life either on the West Coast, or west coast adjacent.

Respected Contributor

I have heard of them but never participated as our family has a few favorites but we wouldn't eat just any cookie. Frankly, most people I know eat very little sweets anymore. I did take some Tollhouse cookies (their request) to the therapy group and the guys loved, loved, loved them. They said they have never had them thin and crisp with a buttery edge. I have never made them any other way.

One guy said he wished his wife made them that way (no secret, use two sticks of real butter - flatten the cookie on the sheet) - hers were little lumps {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} The other therapist said, just take some of these home and show her, tell her that is how you want them in the future.

He said, Do I look crazy? Cool