Highlighted
Not applicable

Cook's Essentials Pressure Cooker error code

So excited to use this (first time) and I get an error code. Of course the manual (which is awful) doesnt have error codes in it and their customer service dept is closed on the weekends....help! The error code is: F5

I browned the chicken and once I turned that mode off I get the error message...

New Contributor

Re: Cook's Essentials Pressure Cooker error code

I just tried to use mine, brand new out of the box, and got E1.  Sheesh I got one for every member of my family as Christmas gifts.  Now mine is sitting there with ribs in it.  And E1 and the instructions are USELESS.  I have been online for an hour trying to find help.  I could have been done cooking now the old fashioned way.

New Contributor

I started looking on the internet and just found this. I will let you know if it works. E1 is telling your pressure cooker needs to be reset. Take inset bowl out of cooker. Push down several times the button on the heating element. Then slam the cooker on the counter and bingo it works. Make sure pot is unplugged during this procedure. I just tried it and it didn't work. Then I went back and tried it again and this time I slammed it on the counter and it worked. Go figure

Honored Contributor

original post is 4 yrs old. LOL