Valued Contributor

I really enjoy using air frying. I had a cooks essential but had to return it started peeling off the non stick basket. I then purchased the Emerils which I like but have a terrible time seeing the dial numbers. I liked the digital readout. 

How do you clean those little circles when the food is stuck on and when they demo it on TV the bottom basket is always clean with a few crumbs, this I find hard to believe never once for me. I see that Mings is ceramic maybe that would work. Hope they have a TS soon. Put all the good features together that would be one nice air fryer.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning the air fryer help

@Elom I use a scrubby brush on the basket in order to clean out any debris that may have been caught in the holes on the bottom.  I run a quick brush over the inside of the basket and then the bottom/outside of the basket and it has worked well for me and I hope the same for you!

Honored Contributor

Mine is dishwasher safe, so I put it in there. If there is stuff stick to the bottom (which happens with breaded items, but not things like roasted vegetables), I remove the bottom half, fill it with warm, soapy water, and leave it sit overnight. The next day, I use a scrub brush or a sponge on any tough parts, then put the basket and bottom half in the dishwasher.

Respected Contributor

I do what I have always done with my non-stick pans.  Once the food is removed, I put a little dish soap in it and hot water and let it soak until after dinner (I also leave the basket in).  It pretty much cleans itself that way.  Then I just rinse it out and dry it with a towel.

Valued Contributor

After reading your suggestions well I must be missing something. I soak mine with basket in over night and still have to struggle to get the basket holes clean. Mings ceramic looking better everyday.

But thanks for the input.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Limbo4now wrote:

After reading your suggestions well I must be missing something. I soak mine with basket in over night and still have to struggle to get the basket holes clean. Mings ceramic looking better everyday.

@Elom, I'm afraid that what you describe may mean that you have lost or are about to lose your basket's non-stick finish.  In the recent thread called "best air fryer consensus" I talked about the ins and outs of what I've experienced. Mine is Evine's Paula Deen air fryer, and it has the nonstick ceramic interior with the circular shaped holes.  I had to soak the entire basket in the outer chamber for a few hours to clean it.  Now that I have the replacement basket, I only have to wait long enough for the basket to cool down, and I can quickly wash everything up with hot soapy water and a dishcloth, no problem. 

I wish you luck in figuring out what the problem may be, and/or in starting over with a different fryer.   I wish we all magically knew which type of interior finish (design and material) is the most user-friendly and durable over the long term.  These machines aren't cheap.  They need to last.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Limbo4now wrote:

@Elom, I'm afraid that what you describe may mean that you have lost or are about to lose your basket's non-stick finish.  In the recent thread called "best air fryer consensus" I talked about the ins and outs of what I've experienced. Mine is Evine's Paula Deen air fryer, and it has the nonstick ceramic interior with the circular shaped holes.  I had to soak the entire basket in the outer chamber for a few hours to clean it.  Now that I have the replacement basket, I only have to wait long enough for the basket to cool down, and I can quickly wash everything up with hot soapy water and a dishcloth, no problem. 

I wish you luck in figuring out what the problem may be, and/or in starting over with a different fryer.   I wish we all magically knew which type of interior finish (design and material) is the most user-friendly and durable over the long term.  These machines aren't cheap.  They need to last.

@SHOPR I am so glad to hear your replacement basket is working out so well.  Thank you so much for this post as those of us that aren't having any sticking issues are kind of clueless as to any cleaning problems so this post is so very helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@Limbo4now wrote:

@SHOPR I am so glad to hear your replacement basket is working out so well.  Thank you so much for this post as those of us that aren't having any sticking issues are kind of clueless as to any cleaning problems so this post is so very helpful.

@momtochloe, So far so good, but it's only been a week with the new basket.  I'm babying it!  I'm still only oiling the food, never the basket. 

I feel like I should be reading up on the different models and watching videos to learn how all the fryer baskets differ, not to mention the different warranties.  I really don't know much about them and jumped at the PD one because of the great deal I got at the time.  I would like to keep an air fryer in my kitchen for sure, so I will have to do my homework before investing in another one.  Fingers crossed that it will be a long time before I have to get another one.  :-)   

I hope people will continue to post their air fryer experiences here.  I peek in the kitchen forum only every now and then, or search the forum for keywords, but the information I get is very valuable.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@Limbo4now wrote:

@momtochloe, So far so good, but it's only been a week with the new basket.  I'm babying it!  I'm still only oiling the food, never the basket. 

I feel like I should be reading up on the different models and watching videos to learn how all the fryer baskets differ, not to mention the different warranties.  I really don't know much about them and jumped at the PD one because of the great deal I got at the time.  I would like to keep an air fryer in my kitchen for sure, so I will have to do my homework before investing in another one.  Fingers crossed that it will be a long time before I have to get another one.  :-)   

I hope people will continue to post their air fryer experiences here.  I peek in the kitchen forum only every now and then, or search the forum for keywords, but the information I get is very valuable.  :-)

@SHOPR I agree it is so nice that folks are sharing their experiences as I now realize I so lucked out in purchasing the Cook's Companion air fryer.  No sticking (for me) whatsoever and when it unfortunately stopped working nine months into daily use I thought I was sunk (a huge thank you to the Gods that look over folks like me that didn't check the warranty ahead of time).  They replaced the unit with no problems whatsoever and I couldn't be happier with it but I do enjoy hearing other folk's experience with these fryers as clearly there is a lot to consider.

Again, the only thing I would really highlight is check the warranty as many of them have a very short warranty period.