Honored Contributor

I heard back from Corning. This was their reply - 

"We recommend using a non-abrasive cleaner, such as Bar Keeper's Friend, to clean any marks on your Corningware."

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's just me but to me scratches and marks are two different things.

I don't think a scratch in Corning Ware will go away.  You may be able to clean the crud out of it but the scratch will always be there.

Esteemed Contributor

If someone took steel to my Corning ware, we would be collecting for a contract 😑

If it a true, deep, scratch, I would wonder if liquid could get in?

Honored Contributor

I have a TON of Corning Ware that I'd stopped using for this very reason. One day when my back was to the wall I tried the Mr. Clean wipes, and it was like MAGIC. Now I use my Corning ALL THE TIME, and it cleans up LIKE NEW. 

I love those Mr. Clean wipes for EVERYTHING. The next time I do some heavy duty gardening, I may try them on myself.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I have a TON of Corning Ware that I'd stopped using for this very reason. One day when my back was to the wall I tried the Mr. Clean wipes, and it was like MAGIC. Now I use my Corning ALL THE TIME, and it cleans up LIKE NEW. 

I love those Mr. Clean wipes for EVERYTHING. The next time I do some heavy duty gardening, I may try them on myself.

@violann if you mean the Magic Eraser things or the the thinner Magic Eraser sheets, NOOOOOO! don't do it.  My friend did it to get paint off her skin and she was sorry she did.

Valued Contributor

Bar Keepers friend, or Soft Scrub with Bleach cleans a lot of things gently.  Some also use baking soda.  you can get tea stains out of tea cups with this. 

Regular Contributor

I believe that there is a polish just for Corningware that is available.  It works really well on scratches and damage to the surface.