Respected Contributor

Christmas Lock n Lock disappointment

[ Edited ]

I know the quality of Lock N Lock has declined, I have had tabs break off etc.. It hasnt really bothered me till now.

As in years past, I ordered a set of the Christmas containers with gift bags..Ordered it way back when it was first on- they arrived, I put them away till Christmas, and went to fill them yesterday and found tha tone of the containers, the grey/gunmetal one, had only 3 tabs, and there was the fourth one, laying in the plastic wrap that it came in..Plus, the containers, which last year were  1.5 qt are this year only 1qt.. the size doesnt really bother me, perhaps they discussed this and I missed it, but receiving a broken product DOES bother me- Obviously, I couldnt use it..

I suppose I should have unpacked them back when I got them and checked them out, but I really shouldnt HAVE to-One should be able to count on somehthng like this to be intact usable when shipped- I mean, it wasnt like they were made of glass...How weak are the tabs if they break off before they are even used? it is no wonder we are having trouble with them DURING use these days..

Since I bought a set which was the exact amount I needed, someone at work didnt get one, and that makes me sad...

I remember when the Q in QVC used to stand for "Quality"...these days, not so much...

Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas Lock n Lock disappointment

I know it would be to late but could you contact L & L & have them send a new lid.

Honored Contributor

Somebody here posted about having received a container with a tab that wouldn't open.  Low and behold, I got a new 3-piece set of rectangular containers and one has a long tab that is permanently frozen in place.  I too, have had them awhile and didn't use until now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I had an issue with the cereal containers, they wouldn't open with the tab on the round pouring hole.  Of course I was way past my 30 days, so I just use these for storage and take off the entire top.  Does anyone know of a comparable line that still might be the quality I used to get from L&L?  

Valued Contributor

I've had many tabs break off my Lock 'N Lock - but of course it was past the 30 days and I had thrown away my receipts. You can't just send back a broken lid and get a new one without your receipt. Haven't purchased since.

Honored Contributor

@depglass. From now on if I buy L&L, I'll get it at Walmart where I can try before I buy.

Regular Contributor

I so agree with OP, Lock n Lock has become garbage!  I have several lids with broken tabs and I also have two lettuce keepers with three broken tabs on one lid and two broken tabs on the other.  Items are not abused or mistreated and are NOT put in the dishwasher.

I would sooner pay a few extra dollars for a quality product then low prices for a cheap product which Lock n Lock has become.  You can find other brands that have the tab lock system that are far superior to cheap Lock n Lock.  I have started to replace my L&L.  And L&L also stains, so the hype that it doens't stain from tomato is false!!!

Honored Contributor

@staciesmom wrote:

I've had many tabs break off my Lock 'N Lock - but of course it was past the 30 days and I had thrown away my receipts. You can't just send back a broken lid and get a new one without your receipt. Haven't purchased since.

@staciesmom.  You can print out your order invoice here under customer service.  It will serve as a receipt.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a set of ClipFresh off HSN. It was a bit more expensive, but the set was full of different sizes. One piece, I had placed some store bought cookies I wanted to keep fresh, and must have opened and closed it 25 times, and no tab ever broke. They showed them being opened and closed repeatedly by a machine made to test the tabs, so I took that as a good sign when it was being opened up in the 100s. After reading reviews, I decided not to try L&L.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mothertrucker - It's disappointing that you received a defective piece, but I definitely recommend contacting Lock & Lock customer service for assistance—especially in cases like this one where you just need one piece and don't want to swap out the whole set. The team at Lock & Lock is wonderful to work with; I recently had a bottom piece crack even though it has only been used for refrigerator storage, so I gave them a call to see what my replacement options might be. All they wanted to know was the item number printed on the piece and the address where I wanted the new container sent. I got my free replacement within a week.

Representatives are available at 844-527-9188 Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. PT. Good luck!