Respected Contributor

Junior’s Mini-Cheesecakes Shrunk!

[ Edited ]

Has anyone else noticed that Junior’s mini-cheesecakes are much smaller this year?  I am shocked.  I’ve been buying them every holiday season since they were offered, and when I take one out of the freezer to thaw, I put it in a round Tupperware modular mates container that is the perfect size.  The cheesecake fits in that container like a glove; as if it was made to fit.

Anyway, when I got my shipment this year, I thought they looked smaller, and that was confirmed when I took one out to thaw and placed it in the same Tupperware container.  It is now swimming in the container!  There is about 1/2-inch of space to spare where the cheesecake used to fill the container all the way to the sides.

Just wanted to see if anyone else picked up on this.  I am so disappointed and am not sure if I’ll be ordering again.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Junior’s Mini-Cheesecakes Shrunk!

I don't order - but did the price increase this time?  Doubt if it went down.    I hate cheesecake  - but it's a shame Junior would give less.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do remember the Jrs. vendor mentioning during a presentation at some point between CIJ and Christmas that the particular offering that he was showing was a more individual size that was smaller than last year’s offering. I thought he said there would be the larger mini cheesecakes set coming up later in the season. So maybe there were two different product sizes and your order was for the smaller ones

Respected Contributor

I’ll have to look up my order for last year to see what I paid.  I normally order them at Christmas in July when they’re a bit cheaper.  I am still stunned at the difference in size, though.  They’re small enough as it is, did they really need to reduce the size?  Are they really saving much money doing this?

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

Labluver, thanks for your feedback.  I never watched the presentation, so I missed the explanation.  I’m glad Junior’s addressed this.  Still, I think it’s deceptive for them to do this, as customers naturally expect the same product from year to year.

I’ll have to pay better attention next time to make sure I’m getting the original size.

Honored Contributor

Family loves Jr's Cheesecake! The white chocolate and sponge cake. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Topaz Gem, I did a search on Q and found there are multiple sets of cheesecakes, and they are different sizes.  For example, one set (the mini set) has cheesecakes that are 2 oz and 2.5 oz. The other set has larger cheesecakes...3 oz and 4 oz.  Maybe you ordered the mini this year, but the regular size in years past.

At least now you know they make the personal cheesecakes in different sizes, so next year you can be sure to order the size you want.

Esteemed Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

I do remember the Jrs. vendor mentioning during a presentation at some point between CIJ and Christmas that the particular offering that he was showing was a more individual size that was smaller than last year’s offering. I thought he said there would be the larger mini cheesecakes set coming up later in the season. So maybe there were two different product sizes and your order was for the smaller ones

@Maltichonmom17 ..... YES, you are 100% correct ... I heard the same thing! ..... they are so overpriced & overrated that I never order Juniors from QVC. 🙃

Respected Contributor

Thanks, nomless, learn something new every day. 😊  I wonder why they decided to make the minis in different sizes.  As mentioned, I didn’t watch the presentation; I just checked the Products Previously Aired at the end of the day and ordered what I thought were the minis that I’ve been getting for years.  They should name them something different to flag those customers, like me, that weren’t aware of the changes.  Maybe call them Micro-Mini Junior’s Cheesecakes? 😉

The good news is that they taste just as good as the larger minis, so I will still enjoy them.

Honored Contributor

I gave them as gifts maybe three years ago.  Neither recepient said a word about them being good, etc.  I did one on bill to/ship to and the person didn't see it was from me and called QVC to say they received something they didn't order.   Never again.