Respected Contributor

Re: 🌶 Chili Today 🌶

I've made so many pots of chili these past two years after not making it for a long time. I guess I forgot how much I liked it.  It's so nice to be able to pull a serving out of the freezer.  Even better if I happen to have some chili cheese Fritos on hand.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

I've made so many pots of chili these past two years after not making it for a long time. I guess I forgot how much I liked it.  It's so nice to be able to pull a serving out of the freezer.  Even better if I happen to have some chili cheese Fritos on hand.

Oh yes!   I thought I was the only one who loves to put some chili cheese Fritos on top! Plus, of course, some cheese.  I like extra sharp cheddar.  Smiley Happy

That's the awesome thing about making a big batch of something.  I will take the excess and put it into specifically chosen sizes of L&L and freeze, Then I remove them and vacuum seal.  The one I just pulled out for today/tomorrow was made several years ago and still perfect! 

There are things that I do like a lot, but I don't want to eat them day after day after day, ad nauseam.   If you're going to do the work, might as well make a whole bunch and you can spread it out.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Enjoy your chili feast!  I fixed a 6 qt Nesco full of chili Saturday as it was in the 40's here that morning.  My hubby loves chili and I prefer homemade soup so that will be on the agenda at the next cool spell.  I gave some to my neighbor who lost  his wife about 2 weeks ago as I always make plenty.  Chili is a good way to warm your insides and filling to boot!

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

Oh yes!   I thought I was the only one who loves to put some chili cheese Fritos on top! Plus, of course, some cheese.  I like extra sharp cheddar.  Smiley Happy

That's the awesome thing about making a big batch of something.  I will take the excess and put it into specifically chosen sizes of L&L and freeze, Then I remove them and vacuum seal.  The one I just pulled out for today/tomorrow was made several years ago and still perfect! 

There are things that I do like a lot, but I don't want to eat them day after day after day, ad nauseam.   If you're going to do the work, might as well make a whole bunch and you can spread it out.

@chickenbutt  , I love to do that with soup. Isn't it a treat when you just don't feel like cooking to just shop your freezer ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan