Super Contributor

How do you make your chicken salad? Do you poach or bake the chicken? What herbs/spices do you add? Let me know what's your favorite way.

Honored Contributor

any way is fine......poached, baked, even lightly sauteed. in a pinch a rotisserie chicken from the store works great.

in mine i like some spring onions, colorful bell peppers (red, yellow, orange), celery, fresh chopped parsley, some mayo (hellmanns or dukes), sea salt/freshly ground pepper, and a few squeezes of fresh lime or lemon juice.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I smoke chicken breasts on the Cameron, chop it up and make it like tuna salad.

Celery, onions and green bell peppers

Hellmans, mustard, anchovy paste and poultry seasoning

I use mustard to lessen the mayo

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

I don't make it and won't even buy it anymore because they don't break up the chicken, they leave it in clumps.

Contributor

I bake the chicken I use to make chicken salad. Use boneless, skinless breasts, half as many hard boiled eggs as breasts, celery seed to taste and mayo. Not fancy but good if in a hurry.

Contributor

I bake the chicken I use to make chicken salad. Use boneless, skinless breasts, half as many hard boiled eggs as breasts, celery seed to taste and mayo. Not fancy but good if in a hurry.

Contributor

Sorry duplicate post.

Respected Contributor
I poach the chicken, then mince it. (I don't like chunky chicken salad). Mayo, sweet pickle relish, green onion, salt, pepper.
Frequent Contributor
Baked is fine, onions, celery, salt, pepper Hellmans and a little curry powder. Always serve with croissants.
Valued Contributor

I poach the chicken breasts, also. Then chop it up and add finely chopped apple, chopped celery, red grapes cut in half, chopped pecans or walnuts, sometimes even a few chopped dried cherries or craisins (chopped). Mix in regular mayo sweetened slightly with a Stevia packet and serve on croissants.