Honored Contributor

I don't usually comment on the price of things on QVC, but Holley moley 70.00 for a cheesecake.  I know , I know it's convienent, but if you are able you can make a lot of cheesecake for 70.00.  JMO.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Seventy dollars will buy you multiple cheesecakes at Costco and they are pretty tasty.

Honored Contributor

Costco makes a great cheesecake for 14.99, not fancy or flavored, but not 70 bucks either. I would never spend 70 dollars for a cheesecake.

Respected Contributor

ITA!  I tuned it in the middle of the presentation and thought for $69.XX they are surely going to include at least two (maybe three) cheesecakes!  

Ridiculous when cream cheese and pumpkin puree are reasonably priced items!    Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

I know I laugh every time I see those prices. I bake a wonderful cheesecake for a fraction of that and yes I bake pumpkin cheesecake too. Probably the most popular is the white chocolate peppermint bark cheesecake.  I do appreciate his recipe ideas though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom

I just made my first cheesecake (peanut butter and jelly) that had a Cinnamon Toast Crunch crust! The crust was amazing, but the filling was so-so.

It sounds like you have some great cheesecake varieties!  Have you ever made the one using Nutella?  I think it's on deck to try next!

Honored Contributor

I haven't done one with nutella yet but it would be really good. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

There is other cheesecake just as good, even better, than what is offered on OVC.  I will not pay that amount plus s/h.  There are other specialty bakeries aruond that sell delicious cheesecake in our area.  I can drive to them and pick up my order quicker than having them shipped.  All depends on what you like, I guess.  

Respected Contributor

I always order whole cheesecakes (14 slices) when the occasion arises at my local Barnes & Noble.  They have CheeseCake Factory as their vendor for $40.  I use my membership card & get an additional 10% off.  Their cheesecakes are top of the line IMO!  

Valued Contributor

It does serve 18-20 people, so it is a lot of cake.  Sure it's expensive, but a special treat every so often never hurts if you're able to spend that much.  I won't buy it only because it's too much cake for two people, and I'm not planning any big dinner parties.  I have ordered the mini cheesecakes a couple of times after having received them as a gift, and those were perfect for us.  Junior's flagship restaurant/bakery is also just over a mile from home, so I can go there anytime for a good cheesecake, and they are good.